Tynker is looking for a strategic thinker who will turn ideas into amazing product workflows that engage our primary customers – kids! You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from defining customer needs to delivering prototypes and UI specifications.
- Design user interaction models, user flows and user interfaces
- Define experiences across mediums – web, touch tablets, and phone
- Collaborate with the executive team on strategy, roadmap and direction
- Incorporate feedback from customers, developers and design team members
- 5+ years experience designing user interfaces for web-based applications
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design
- Ability to deliver simple, balanced designs
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Expertise in user-centered design methods and best practices
- Expertise using workflow and wireframe tools such as Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or Visio
- Expertise generating interactive prototypes
- A diverse web-based portfolio that showcases your work
Bonus Points for the Following:
- Experience working with children’s products and services is a plus
- Experience with game and level design a plus
- Deep familiarity with iOS, Android, and/or Windows 8 design standards
All candidates must send a portfolio or work samples along with their inquiries, these should include examples of amazing visually rich interfaces.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.