CallisonRTKL Architects P.C. is seeking a CX/UX Designer to work in the New York Office.
• This position is passionate about using design thinking to create compelling experiences for people;
• The ideal candidate is comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams - developing cross-channel concepts that fuse digital, interior design, graphic design and service design;
• The position is a strong communicator visually, verbally and in writing;
• The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction, and are fluent in the latest technology trends in UX;
• The candidate is curious about learning the business of retail, including what makes a great retail experience in mobile, in store, and online, and how that can drive business;
• The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver, self-starter, and a strong collaborator who excels in a fast-paced environment.
CallisonRTKL is the world’s #1 retail design consultancy. While we are best known for interior architecture, our customer experience design group is growing, and needs a new team member to contribute in the areas of UX and CX.
A typical project will involve working with the Customer Experience Project Lead:
• Develops and assists in delivering design-thinking workshop charrettes for clients
• Researches client business operations, the customer and the competitive landscape
• Develops new concepts for customer experiences – mixing digital, interior, service and brand
• Creates presentations and customer journey maps
• Develops workstream analysis, business requirements and roadmaps for ongoing work
• Develops wireframes and light digital prototypes for app, web and interactive content
• Undertakes market, customer, trend, feasibility and competitive research, and creates presentations to illustrate key findings
• Maps current state user journeys, identifying pain points and areas to improve the experience
• Creates sketch concepts for new customer experiences spanning digital, interior and service design
• Participates in design-thinking workshop charrettes (both internal and client-facing) contributing to the concepts and supporting the facilitator and design lead
• Develops future state user journey storyboards, illustrating new CX and UX concepts and technology, service & business requirements.
• Creates system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and light prototypes using a combination of paper prototyping and graphics / UX Design software like Adobe Sketch, MarvelApp, XD Adobe CS, InVision, or other similar tools.
• Undertakes user testing and research to refine the design
• Prepares and delivers compelling presentations of new CX design concepts, references, benchmarks, design direction and research
• Works with the interior design team to provide recommendations to enable key experiences (note: detailed interior design is not a part of this role.)
• Collaborates effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including client teams, project/account managers, and external engineers, marketers, and tech integration teams.
• Designs visually compelling pitch decks in support of Business Development efforts, communicating CX, UX and service design processes for client understanding, incorporating relevant case study work and best practices
• Provides graphic design support within the New York studio as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in human-centered design, interaction design, industrial design, human-computer interaction, visual design or a related program
• 3-5 years of professional experience design experience
• Solid understanding of user interface design, information architecture and user experience best practices
• Highly skilled at graphics and UX design software like Adobe Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Marvel, XD etc.
• Working knowledge of common programming languages e.g. Python, Java, C++ etc. preferred
• Exceptional verbal communication, visual communication and presentation skills
• Excellent people & client management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
• A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
TO APPLY: PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION AND PORTFOLIO THROUGH CAREER WEBPAGE https://www.callisonrtkl.com/careers/
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.