The Steelcase WorkSpace Futures team is passionate about envisioning game-changing experiences in diverse workspaces: corporate offices, small businesses, healthcare and learning spaces, and we're looking for a UX Researcher to join our multidisciplinary team of social scientists, design researchers, designers and technologists.. Supporting our Smart and Connected business, you will be working closely with UX Designers, Product Managers and Owners, and Engineers to build user-centered digital and customer experiences for a new business. Our offerings help corporate customers make data-backed decisions that influence the culture, environment, and tools that enhance the work-lives of employees of the world’s leading organizations.
- Enthusiastic about delivering research that frames wicked problems at the fuzzy front end of development as well as delivering research that enables development teams to iteratively improve the user interface.
- Creative with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research approaches, and know how to flex your research plans to meet the timing or resource needs of your team members
- Passionate about high-quality research & use a variety of communication methods (ie. presentations, participatory activities or other engagements) that help bridge understanding and action
- A collaborative partner to existing and emergent stakeholders
- Have the ability to travel 25% of the time
- 3+ years of experience leading user research projects with a multifunctional team to scope and conduct research throughout the entire product development cycle in a technology domain
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, reporting
- Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype creation and testing, prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices
- Experience with research in B2B companies or consumer-facing technology is appreciated.
- Knowledgeable about the Adobe Suite, Sketch, Qualtrics, or other quantitative analysis tools.
- Knowledgeable about Lean UX research methods and agile environments.
- Familiarity and experience with UI testing is preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, human factors, or similar field of study
Grand Rapids, Michigan or Portland, OR
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.