The Steelcase WorkSpace Futures team is passionate about envisioning game-changing experiences in diverse workspaces: corporate offices, small businesses, healthcare and learning spaces, and we're looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our multidisciplinary team of social scientists, design researchers, designers and technologists. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be working closely with executives to prioritize needs and with Industrial Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to develop user centered products, services and experiences. This position will initially be dedicated to supporting our core furniture and architecture product development.
- Ability to scope, align and lead project activities and build strong partnerships with business leaders
- Ability to work independently with direction to deliver research throughout the product development process from the fuzzy front end of development to validation and testing of concepts
- Ability to define UX Research needs across a product development team, drive cross-functional alignment on needs, and help build new practices and approaches
- Creative with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research approaches and ability to flex your methods to meet the timing or resource needs of multiple business units
- Passionate about the quality of research & use a variety of communication methods (ie. presentations, participatory activities or other engagements) that help bridge understanding and action
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- 5-7+ years of experience leading user research projects with a multifunctional team to scope and conduct research throughout the entire product development cycle
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, reporting
- Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping and testing, usability testing, remote research, field research, and survey design
- Experience with development of physical products and/or furniture and architecture a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in social science, humanities, design or similar field of study
- Graduate degree in social science, design, or design research or relevant specialty preferred
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.