At Hugo Morton, nothing resonates with us more than art and cultural projects with a purpose. Our mission is to create and foster projects that deliver cultural messages, to indulge our audience in a world that gives full rein to their imagination, and to embrace them in spaces where they hold dear to their hearts.
Location: 50% of time based in Shenzhen, 50% working from home or flexible locations
This position is for a cultural start-up based in Shenzhen - the Silicon Valley of Asia. As the Creative Artist for Hugo Morton, you will work closely with the Executive Creative Director and translate concepts and ideas into delicate art works.
We highly value the Creative Artist’s inspirations and personal space to create art, therefore this role will have plenty of freedom to work on personal passions.
• Work closely with Executive Creative Director in bringing abstract concepts into illustrations or art pieces
• Combine hand-sketching with digital software to create thorough illustrations
• Refine and complete designs
• Occasionally present drafts and concepts to the wider creative team
• Engage with overseas teams from concept formation to final delivery
Skills & Requirements
• Portfolio and resume required for submission
• Fluent in any of the following languages: English, Mandarin, or German
• Excellent freehand sketching capabilities and knowledge in relevant software
• Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching software, such as (but not limited to) Photoshop, Indesign and Adobe Illustrator
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification
• Passionate about art (of any form)
• Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills
• Freedom to pursue personal projects - commit only 70% of work hours, with the remainder of time free to pursue own passions
• Flexible working environment - 50% of time based in Shenzhen, 50% remotely
• Global travel opportunities
• Competitive compensation
• Platform and opportunity to realize own work