School House is looking for an industrial designer to ideate and create multi-scale retail projects in collaboration with our studio’s multidisciplinary team. Bonus points if you have a retail, environmental, visual merchandising or architecture background. In this role, you will be involved in the development of consumer-focused retail design, from ideation and concept development to execution and production. Our projects encompass various scales of retail, fixture, merchandising and experience design.
WE NEED YOU TO:
● Flex design capabilities across a range of scales and disciplines: prior School House work has ranged in scale from retail architecture to packaging design
● Ideate and create generative concepts aligned to project brief
● Maintain a clear understanding of project objective from ideation to completion
● Be skilled in time management
● Have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
● Maintain consistent and open communication with internal team on project status and needs
● Contribute to the collaborative and supportive culture of School House
● Have openness and a desire to learn and grow
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED:
● Strong design process with the ability to quickly generate iterative concepts
● Refined aesthetics
● Ability to multitask over several projects simultaneously
● Personal interest in beauty, wellness, and lifestyle
● Ensure high standards and quality assurance across all work
● User-centered design focus
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
● Proficiency in 3D design software: knowledge of Rhinoceros is desired
● Proficiency in rendering software: knowledge of Keyshot is encouraged
BONS POINTS FOR:
● Prior retail and fixture design experience for Beauty retailers.
● Prior agency experience.
● Experience creating and reviewing shop/construction drawings.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.