Boston Labs Design and Development LLC is seeking a freelance industrial designer to start immediately. Local applicants are preferred but not required—you are welcome to work out of our studio or your own home studio, whichever you prefer. This position requires a minimum of 20 hours per week for 6 months with the opportunity for extra hours and continued contract.
You will be working directly with the Boston Labs designers, engineers, clients and also with our manufacturers in China and North America. You will be evaluated on your ability to communicate via sketching, CAD modeling, and prompt communication skills (email, phone, video).
This is a contract position for 20 hours/week for six months. Opportunities for additional hours and extension of contract to full time position possible. All applicants must:
- Own their own computer
- Own legal license of Solid Works and have full confidence in modeling nearly any surface/solid conceivable.
- Own Keyshot 6.3 or newer and be fully confident with all rendering capabilities.
- Own a Cintiq and have a fantastic ability to capture concepts in sketched form with ease.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite. If you don’t own it we can get it for you.
- Must be available every weekday (give or take) and be able to respond to communications immediately.
- Must be capable of professional, clear and communication.
If interested please send portfolio or link along with hourly rate and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants selected for round two interviews will be given a small project, fully paid at your desired hourly rate, to determine applicable sketch ability, CAD skills and communication.