Shook Kelley is a coalition of passionate thinkers that use strategy and design to challenge conventional wisdom and advance some of the worlds greatest and most recognized brands. We help entities that rely on physical places and spaces to reach their greater potential through meaningful human experiences. We accomplish this by using an atypical process involving a unique network of disciplines—including business, social science and a broad array of design disciplines—to radically reconsider the ways in which the great value exchange can happen between people and product providers.
We are looking for an Environmental Graphic Designer with proven experience expressing brand and strategy through environmental graphics. If you can create, develop and implement an environmental graphics concept as part of a built environment, we want to hear from you. That means you can: expertly employ the tools of graphic design such as typography; tap into fabrication techniques and materials; think three-dimensionally; and understand scale in the built environment. The design side of the firm comprises of graphic design, architecture, interior design and merchandising disciplines. Interdisciplinary collaboration is at the core of our design work.
The office environment is fast-paced and success comes to self-starters with an attention to detail, grace under pressure, cooperative attitudes and strong ideas. Responsibilities range from day to day based upon the needs of the team and project. The ability to adapt to those needs is integral.
Our ideal candidate is a strong 2D and 3D designer with a gift for translating human insights and brand meaning, attitude and character into graphics within physical environments.
• Bachelor’s in design-related field, such as Graphic Design
• 3+ years of environmental graphic design experience either in-house or at a design firm
• Possesses compelling conceptual thinking, communication skills and the ability to translate graphic strategy into architectural renderings, technical scale drawings and presentations
• Understands architectural scale, dimensions, sections, plans and elevations
• Exemplifies a remarkable aptitude for visually communicating in space and place using environmental graphics, signage and wayfinding
• Demonstrates the ability to visualize ideas in 2D and 3D
• Has good working knowledge of print design fundamentals
• Exhibits track record for time management of individual work flow and project schedules
• Is comfortable working in a collaborative process and can work harmoniously within an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to work both autonomously and cooperatively
• Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to communicate independently and responsibly with vendors and clients
• Expert mastery of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is mandatory
• Develops retail environmental graphic design concepts that create brand experiences
• Works with the project team and client’s management to ensure that the strategy and project requirements are reflected in the design developed
• Generates multiple design concepts and develops them into final design solutions
• Works with Architects and Interior Designers using scale drawings of sections, plans and elevations to develop environmental graphics
• Develops complex environmental graphics, decor and wayfinding systems; including development of brand communication and message schedules
• Presents concept and design work internally and to external clients
• Manages all outside environmental graphic design support contracted on projects, such as fabricators
Supports and helps maintain internal print collateral
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.