The UX Strategist will be responsible for conducting research and gathering data about target audiences and client goals across the digital landscape. They will be expected to interpret their findings and research into strategic objectives and propose testable solutions for interactive projects. Using these insights they will create deliverables such as digital audits, sitemaps, personas, user journeys maps, and wireframes. These deliverables will focus on communicating opportunities that align with user and business goals.Within a highly collaborative environment the UX Strategist will work closely with project managers, designers, developers and content strategists on a variety of digital projects. As a key member of this team, they are responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documents to ensure strategic positioning is consistent throughout the various phases of the project.Responsibilities:
- 2-3 years of experience working in the UX field
- Ability to juggle priorities and work on multiple projects at once
- Experience analyzing data systems and extracting insights based on user and business goals
- Strong understanding of UX methodologies, subsystems and best practices, including usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis, drawing inferences from KPIs and behavior metrics as well as stakeholder interviews, consumer anecdotes, user tests, workshops, etc.
- Experience with content management systems and knowledge of best practices for organizing and tagging content for the web
Proficiency in UX tools such as Sketch, Slickplan, InVision, etc. or similar sitemap and prototype creation software
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys and communicate insights both independently and within a team environment
- Well informed and engaged with current UX trends and competitive landscape
- Experience communicating and collaborating within a team environment
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.