Lanard Toys is looking for a talented Toy Designer to join our team of creatives. This position will challenge your design skills to develop fresh ideas and produce exciting toys while also building upon our established line of over 30+ different toy brands. This full-time position offers great creative opportunities and growth potential within our company.
Designer Responsibilities Include:
• Create, Design, Explore, Wonder, Test, Sketch, Refine, Build, Present, Collaborate, Study, Experiment and Define. All is needed to succeed as a Toy Designer. Each toy project is different so bring your A game to work.
• Work according to project schedules to ensure timely delivery of:
- Ideation sketches and concepts
- Product renderings and presentations
- Study models, looks-like models and 3D models for review
- Orthographic drawings for production
• Coordinate and work in conjunction with our:
- Product Design Department to refine designs
- Graphic Design Department to finalize presentation of product
- Model Shop in the development and prototype of models.
- Hong Kong Team on daily project correspondences.
• Stay abreast of new market trends and retailer programs.
• Participate in creative brainstorm sessions
Essential Skills and Experience:
• A passion for toy design and an eye for good design aesthetics
• Quick and proficient at sketching to create impactful designs and to solve design issues thru creative solutions.
• This position requires proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of 3D Modeling software is a plus (Zbrush and/or Solidworks) along with Rapid Prototyping
• Like to be hands-on with basic knowledge of shop tools, materials and manufacturing process.
• Strong written and communication skills
• Action orientated and self-motivated team player
• The candidate preferably has a BA or BS in Industrial Design, Entertainment Design, Illustration or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience as a design professional with a passion for design.
Pay is based upon experience and skill set. Benefits include medical and life insurance, 401(K) plan. If you have the skills and want to be considered for our team, email us your resume and portfolio with design examples (or link to portfolio) to: Emails without portfolio links will not be considered.
Thank you, We look forward to reviewing your work!
The Lanard Team
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.