Do you enjoy to navigate and lead the design process from the early phase through higher maturity levels? Do you thrive in turning concepts into concrete play opportunities through a collaborative and conceptual design process?
Bring your entrepreneurial and inventor spirit and lead the process for ideating, crafting, testing, and shaping ideas into future LEGO products and play experiences.
Concept Design Leadership
• Manage and communicate conceptual design work via sketching and visual communication tools.
• Confidently and decisively bring ideas to life via prototypes and design leadership
• Consumer focused product development – Lead focus groups and interpret findings for the teams into appealing LEGO toys/experiences for the target consumer
• Excellent knowledge of the Toy market.
• Excellent skills to do presentation, pitching concepts to colleagues across the organization, including top management
• Excellent communicator of concept ideas – both verbally and by sketch and demos.
• Do prototypes, and direct others to shape ideas via concise design briefs and creative direction.
• Emphasis on quick, iterative prototyping, and model development.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Creative Play Lab is the Front end concept arm of LEGO Product and Marketing Development. We are focused on the creation of radically new, big, and fun LEGO products/play experiences that delight and inspire the builders of tomorrow.
Creative Play Lab Singapore expands the global presence of LEGO product and marketing development. Our main hub is in Denmark with smaller hubs in Singapore, London and Los Angeles; we work together across these locations developing new LEGO products and play experiences. CPL Singapore will consist of a small cross-functional team with an entrepreneurial and inventive spirit. The focus of CPL Singapore will be in developing concepts derived from insights born out of the Asian markets.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts for concept, product, interaction, industrial design, or related field.
• Skilled in use of relevant design software – Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino (or equivalent Software)
• 5+ years experience within the toy, invention, product, or entertainment design industry.
• Robust portfolio outlining design leadership skills: presentation, briefing, sketching, storytelling, ideation, brainstorming, and conceptual design skills
• Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
• Minimum travel two times a year to LEGO HQ in Billund Denmark
• Potential multi-week onboarding in Denmark within the first few months of employment.
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button. *Please remember to include a link to your portfolio in your CV / attach your portfolio in your application.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“People talk about opportunities coming once in a lifetime. Now, imagine having the ability to work with an inspirational global brand, the opportunity to meaningfully bring the business to life in Asia and change lives by bringing the LEGO® play experience to children's hands. I can't think of a more fulfilling or noble cause - if you want to be an instrumental part in mapping the LEGO® journey in Asia - then this is the call to action for you!”