What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Interaction Designer (based in Montreal, QC) who has a good balance of design and technical skills, with an innovative mindset to create compelling experiences with rough requirements, through various levels of rapid prototyping.
Reporting to the Manager of Research, you are responsible for owning the design portion of our innovation, product prototyping initiatives, and overall taking UX concepts and ideas and making them experiential and suitable for user testing. You are passionate about designing new technologies and concepts, are open minded and creative, and enjoy being part of the future of emerging technologies.
To show us you’re ready, you’ll be expected to demonstrate your prototyping and design thinking abilities during the interview process.
What you’ll do:
• Create exciting, new user experience interactions that focus on haptics and the sense of touch.
• Develop visual design elements for Unity and Android apps.
• Generate design sketches, interactive mockups, and wireframes to gather user and stakeholder feedback.
• Help with product requirement definition in the lack of a precise plan.
• Apply visual, audio, and haptic design skill. (Don’t worry about the haptic design part – you’ll learn it. But you need the design foundation in visual and audio before you get here.)
• Work both independently and in collaboration with our UX design, research, and development teams.
• Assist with and contribute in usability testing of the prototypes you create.
• BS/BA degree in interaction design or related field and 6+ years of experience in industry-level interaction design, or Master’s degree in design field and 4+ years of experience in industry-level interaction design
• Experience designing mobile apps for Android using Google Material Design guidelines
• Deep knowledge of typography, color, iconography, and layout for digital media
• Understanding of user-centered design principles
• Working knowledge of user testing, user research, personas and user journey creation
• Experience using design software, prototyping, and presentation tools, e.g., AfterEffects, inVision/Basalmiq, Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator, Keynote/PowerPoint
• Inspiring design portfolio, including creative prototypes for mobile platforms
• Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills
• Self-starter, well organized, able to juggle multiple concurrent projects
• Basic knowledge of Unity programming
• Basic knowledge of linear video and audio editing tools such as Premiere, Pro Tools, etc.