Bally Design is seeking a UI Designer to join our Pittsburgh-based interdisciplinary design team. We’re looking for a tech-savvy, solution-oriented designer with 5+ years of practical experience in interaction and visual design for digital products and services. Experience in a consulting environment preferred. You will work collaboratively on a variety of complex and challenging products—desktop and web applications, mobile apps and websites. You will be a critical component in all phases of a project—from user research to product definition to creating final solutions that are thoughtful, intuitive, and visually striking. While you will be asked to push the envelope of creativity and innovation, you must do so in context of the technological realities and project constraints. With Bally Design’s nearly 50-year philosophy of human-centered design, you must be a champion for the end user.
You might be right for this position if you can:
• Design interactive wireframes—low fidelity conceptualization sketches to detailed content-driven prototypes
• Create high-fidelity visual design mockups with exceptional form, color, composition, and typography
• Clearly communicate design process, solutions, and implementation specifications
• Effectively balance the desires of the user with the needs of the business
• Conduct, process, and present design research
• Create informed user personas and scenarios; develop detailed user flows, journey maps and/or storyboards
• Define information architecture and content strategy
• Plan, conduct, and document usability tests
• Write code for interaction (a plus, but not required)
• Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Axure, OmniGraffle, Adobe Suite; project management
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.