As an Entry Level Designer, you will work on a range of projects, initially under the tutelage of the Senior Designer and then on your own, as your knowledge and experience grow.
• Assisting in CAD creation and revisions, color updates, technical packages, color way options, graphics, prints, and other various details.
• Developing a working knowledge and understanding of the Footwear and Sporting Goods industries.
• Understanding basic footwear construction, sole mold development, costing and fit as it relates to footwear.
• Attending Semi-Annual Northeast Material and Component Show
• Gathering relevant trend and consumer information
• Assisting in compiling, organizing, & maintaining the in-house reference shoe sample and material library
• Participating in Client Briefing conference calls and meetings.
• Working as an integral part of a design team to develop solution plans & execute accordingly.
• Education: Degree in Industrial design
• Years of design experience: 0-2
• Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop, preferably on a Mac.
• Strong sketching and rendering skills to communicate concepts and ideas.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to manage time, understand deadlines, and balance a multiple project workload.
• Ability to think & conceptualize in 3 dimensions
• Some footwear design experience is a plus (past internships/school work)
• Local candidates preferred
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.