West Elm has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated mid-level Digital Designer to contribute to our in-house digital creative team, reporting directly to the Digital Art Director. This role is responsible for creating high-level design concepts for the daily marketing and seasonal branding of West Elm's digital channels. You will work on cross-channel seasonal concepts, site experiences, homepage and email, and paid social ads. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to find solutions that solve both creative and business needs.
• Work within brand guidelines to create digital layouts and site experiences that reinforce West Elm's voice through its visual touchpoints
• Design a wide variety of digital assets including homepages, landing pages, site experiences, paid social ads, and emails
• Assist in the concept & execution of seasonal campaigns across West Elm's digital channels in partnership with Art Director
• Contribute unique ideas for strategic marketing initiatives
• Establish the look and feel for various promotions that will live across multiple digital assets in partnership with Art Director
• Complete projects both independently or in partnership with other designers.
• Work closely with project managers, merchants, marketing, and copy teams to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
• Partner with Site manager and front-end developers to lead & execute site experiences and initiatives
* 2-4 years' experience designing for web and digital media
* Strong retail/fashion or agency experience desired; ecommerce experience required
* A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
* A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
* The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
* Ability to meet all deadlines under pressure and can react to unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload
* Experience with juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
* Experience creating gifs and animations for web
* Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
• Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.