Oct 2018 - Present (2 years 10 months)
Lead Design Engineer
Aug 2015 - Oct 2018 (3 years 2 months)
• Generates prototype and production level CAD for products in varying fields including toys, medical devices, appliances, and electronics.
• Collaborates with designers and engineers to generate complex mechanisms for initial product concepts.
• Advanced engineering department to include prototype electronics.
• Develops both small and large scale consumer electronics prototypes through use of various sensors, mechanisms, and Arduino programming.
• Provides support for complex laser cutting and unique model making techniques.
• Creates functioning works-like/looks-like models through the use of 3D printing, machining,
and model making.
Empire Prototype Development
Nov 2014 - Aug 2015 (9 months)
• Developed new and more efficient model making practices to deliver higher quality products to clients faster.
• Created working mechanisms for products from breadboard to production level with the use of Solidworks, 3D printing, machining, laser cutting, and traditional model making techniques.
• Produced prototypes and models at all levels of finishing from raw parts to automotive grade paint finishes.
Model Maker / Design Shop Technician
Nov 2013 - Nov 2014 (1 year)
• Managed over Design Model Shop and provided mechanical and conceptual models for Games Department.
• Established new concept ideas for products and packaging.
• Collaborated with both designers and model makers to develop various projects and mechanisms.
Furniture Design, Woodworker
Bill Bancroft Furniture Design
Sep 2012 - Jan 2013 (4 months)
• Designed and produced furniture for commercial clients and personal exploration.
• Prepared materials and CAD for CNC machining.