Jan 2017 - Present (4 years 8 months)
As a member of the Industrial Design team, I design for Delta Faucet's multiple brands: Delta, Brizo and Peerless in categories retaining, but not limited to, kitchen and lavatory faucets, showering, bath accessories and exploratory products.
- Product development alongside Marketing and Engineering to ensure user-research based design while meeting production deadlines.
- Building and creating multiple product concepts using PTC Creo/Pro-e and 3D printing. Product image creation using 3D models and Keyshot for internal and external research and product pitches.
- User and market research facilitation along with product and trend presentation.
- Trend spotting through online and offline research. Creation of trend analysis and compilation for company use.
Industrial Design Freelancer
Aug 2014 - Present (7 years)
As a freelancer, I've worked in a variety of projects including product development, 3D printing, graphic design, and mechanical design.
- Collaborating with hardware engineers to deliver fully-functioning proof-of-concept devices.
- Developing 2D and 3D form exploration and mechanical design with provided PCB.
- Managing production of prototype parts and final proof-of-concept batches.
- Creating multiple catalogue-ready renderings of full rooms, furniture, and product details using Keyshot and Photoshop.
Aug 2015 - Jan 2017 (1 year 5 months)
- Developed and created concepts for current and future solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) market following the company mission of saving lives.
- Utilized Solidworks to create product CAD models for both concept evaluation as well as mold creation.
- In charge of all mechanical changes on device as they correlate with product look and feel, functionality and third-party certification.
- Evaluated product user experience to directly correlate with successful product development,.
- Created tools, jigs and equipment to be used in the development and manufacturing of products.
- Established and developed an internal parts catalog consisting of CAD models and technical drawings.
- Generated visual assets for user manuals, part quotes and mobile app user instructions.
- Cultivated relationships with manufacturers and partners to provide best mutually beneficial relationships.
Industrial Design Intern
May 2014 - Aug 2014 (3 months)
- Processed parts from beginning to end to be printed on a Z-printer, Projet and Objet 3D printers.
- Casted mold tools and RTV casting for proof-of-concept prototypes and small production runs.
- Developed a lobby display that informs the public and future clients about our capabilities and services.