Mar 2021 - Present (3 months)
* Working in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team for the creation of a virtual student union platform that bring sustainability education and connects students worldwide through the introduction of innovative project-based learning to fight climate change.
Project Manager Sustainability and Circular Design
Oct 2020 - Present (8 months)
* Working closely with the CEO to stay in tune with the company vision and projections to ensure that the research and product development are aligned with the company initiatives.
* Staying up to date of emerging trends and best practices in sustainability, to find opportunities and barriers within the circular economy sector.
* Defined project scope, goals, and deliverables in the areas of material processing and circular product design.
* Implementation of LCA and Ecodesign principles for the development and design of circular products while challenging their socio-environmental "benefits" and stating that the benefit must go beyond being made of recycled materials.
* Producing presentations and writing the content for the Circular Business Series offered in collaboration with JCI Greenwich.
Senior Industrial Designer
Apr 2015 - Sep 2019 (4 years 5 months)
* Introduced and pioneered Sustainability awareness in the products and culture of the company through the development of fabrics made of recycled materials Recyclex and the first "sustainable" luggage collection Eco-Nu.
* Responsible for managing Samsonite brand in the soft side category, keeping daily communication with overseas manufacturers, traveling 1 to 3 times to China to ensure that all deadlines were met.
* Gained valuable insights into consumer behaviour and user experience by researching market trends and conducting competitor analysis.
* Developed luggage structures, packing experiences and new components through multiple prototypes in collaboration with the inhouse shop. The creation of prototypes was key for the design process and determining easy and pleasant experiences for the user with the product.
Ricardo Beverly Hills
Jun 2014 - Apr 2015 (10 months)
* Conceptualized design development through 2D renderings and CAD models to create presentations to show the product strategy throughout the brands and retail accounts.
• Designed and managed multiple projects, under Ricardo Beverly Hills and Skyway brands, of hard and soft side luggage, taking products through all phases of product development phases.
• Conceptualized design development through 2D renderings and CAD models to create presentations to show the product strategy throughout the brands and retail accounts such as: Macy’s, Costco, JC-Penney, and others.
• Developed innovative and ergonomic injection moulded components such as handles, wheels, zipper pullers and logos.
• Collaborate with the marketing, QC, and sourcing teams for the launch of collections.
Assistant Design Manager
Toys R Us
Mar 2011 - Jun 2014 (3 years 3 months)
* Designed and managed multiple lines of early development wooden product under the Imaginarium brand including walkers, activity cubes, bead mazes, train sets, flagship train table, musical instruments, dollhouses, and furniture. * Reinvented Bruin's brand vision through the development and application of a style guide for infant and pre-school collections such Jungle Joy, Little Daisies, and Barn Yard Beats.
• Designed multiple lines of wooden product under the Imaginarium brand including walkers, activity cubes, bead mazes, train sets, flagship train table, musical instruments, dollhouses, and furniture.
• Managed, and designed infant and pre-school collections like Jungle Joy (infant) Little Daisies, and Barn Yard Beats (pre-school) from concept to production.
• Designed and developed infant soft toys such as: cut and sew books, play gyms, mobiles, tummy time items, rattles, and others.
• Reinvented Bruin’s brand vision through the development and application of a style guide for infant and pre-school products.
Jun 2009 - Apr 2011 (1 year 10 months)
• Designed accessories, and graphic style guides for flagship toy line.
• Designed exhibition booths and layouts for trade shows.
MZ Berger and Company
Jul 2010 - Mar 2011 (8 months)
• Researched consumer’s trends, and designed concept sketches for wall clocks, and alarm clocks.
• Designed and illustrated planograms for Sharp brand for various retail stores. Developed licensed products and packaging for Crayola and Disney licenses.