Graduate Research Assistant
Aug 2018 - Present (3 years 4 months)
Exploring the relationships between Accident Scenarios, Biomechanics of Injury and Product Solutions.
Dec 2014 - Jul 2018 (3 years 7 months)
Associate Designer for Polaris Outerwear:
- Conceptualize and design technical outerwear for the most innovative motorsports apparel company in the world.
- Collaborate with industry partners and technical designers to develop new technologies and ensure the highest quality products.
- Oversee project’s design integrity, ranging from revenue driving items to pinnacle performance pieces.
Impact Protection Specialist:
- Conduct market research and competitor product analysis, researching energy absorbing materials for injury prevention and mitigation.
- Focus extensive research on crash profiles, international standards and test methods, to build the brand’s impact protection strategy as the industry leader.
-Acted as developer for D3o Aero Pro: the lightest, most flexible, breathable and best vented limb armor on the planet. D3o Aero Pro passes all EN-1621 conditioning.
- Supporting designer, working directly under the Design Director.
- Manage tech pack creation, trim and glove design, as well as other duties that relate to the development of technical motorcycle outerwear.
Rural Aquaculture Promotion Volunteer
Jul 2010 - Sep 2012 (2 years 2 months)
-Motorcycled down the Muchinga Escarpment, crossed the Luangwa River into Luambe National Park, through South Luangwa National Park, on a 1990 Honda CT 200 purchased from a local Zambian motorcycle shop.
-For two years lived in a rural Zambian village and learned the local language Bemba. Worked under invitation by and in collaboration with the Zambian Ministry of Agriculture - Department of Fisheries (DoF). Assisted in constructing a small earthen dam using traditional methods(hoe and a shovel). The dam demonstrating sustainable water management principles close to the Peace Corps Volunteer’s site. Acting as a rural demo plot and test bed for new fish farming and integration techniques.
50th Anniversary Event Planner
Mar 2011 - May 2011 (2 months)
Acted as lead organizer and planner for Peace Corps 50th Anniversary Celebration in Serenje. Hosting over 70 guests including staff, PCV’s and distinguished parties. Developed the framework and ideas behind the entirely PCV led event. Micromanaged and assisted in the development of the menu for the Peace Corps 50th Anniversary Celebration in Serenje.
Other responsibilities included the micromanagement and facilitation of the creation and construction of Peace Corp’s program displays, PCV’s secondary project displays and PCV entertainment and artwork displays.
Public Relations, Men's Rowing Team
Sep 2007 - Jun 2010 (2 years 9 months)
Organized the largest and most successful recruiting strategy in Collegiate Men’s Rowing. Responsible for a nationally recognized rowing program’s on and off campus recruiting efforts.(One of the largest athletic teams at U of M) In charge of coordinating, organizing and scheduling on campus recruiting events for novice recruits. Designed, printed, and distribution of all media publications, including postcards, brochures and posters.