Senior Graphic Designer
Nov 2015 - Present (5 years 9 months)
Direct and design print and digital jobs, create trade show signage and maintain brand standards. I collaborate with marketing, product managers & creative staff to design and manage projects.
• Designed and manage a new corporate brand aesthetic and color palette to compliment and elevate the Kichler brand, which includes a geometric pattern and approach to layouts in print, digital and packaging at Lowe's.
• Designed new Kichler tradeshow booth for International Builder's Show (IBS) in 2018 along with support marketing collateral and email communication.
Senior Art Director
Nov 2009 - Oct 2015 (5 years 11 months)
Award-winning, conceptual leader designing signage, branding, print and digital programs for CPG companies. I collaborate with strategy, copy and account members, and manage multiple projects efficiently.
• Creatively Directed the Nestlé Hispanic multi-brand account, co-managed the Nestlé mainstream multi-brand account, and assigned Nestlé jobs. Developed original concepts and collaborated on new business pitches, presented creative to the client and incorporated feedback into projects, and managed jobs from start to finish.
• What I’m most proud of is designing the new brand guidelines for the Nestlé Good Food Good Life & the Hispanic El Mejor Nido campaigns for 2015. These are national multi-brand programs that were pulled through across major retail accounts at Walmart, Target, Kroger, and many others.
• My work consists of designing national strategic communication that drives shopper behavior change at multiple touch points along the path to purchase, such as eblast and direct mailers, digital media, in-store signage, promotional gifts, demo handouts, and directing photo shoots.
• Involved with strategy, new business pitches, brainstorming high-proﬁle brand work, and presenting creative to the client.
Creative Director and Designer
2004 - 2015 (11 years)
Custom Wedding Invitations
Design wedding invitations, ceremony and reception collateral for clients. Aid in color choices, themes and overall design for weddings.
Altum Footwear | Cleveland, OH
Designed logo and business cards for a shoe company. Also provided a simple brand manual for client reference and vendors.
MEI Trade Promotion Management | Pittsburgh, PA
Designed agency brochure for trade shows and clients, sell sheets, brand manual, company letterhead and envelope, and logo for new software.
Coastal Defense Inc. | Mill Hall, PA
Designed catalog and poster for trade shows for a company that provides defense skills, training and equipment to public and private companies.
Kraslex | Cleveland, OH
Designed business cards, sell sheets, leave-behind pocket folders and trade show elements for lightbox company.
Blue Water Construction | St. Thomas, VI
Designed logo, letterhead, business cards and t-shirts for a construction company.
Urban-Techs | Cleveland, OH
Designed sell sheets, business cards, yellow pages ads and car decal wraps for computer tech business.
Pepper Pike, OH
Oct 2004 - Oct 2009 (5 years)
Hired as a Production Artist and promoted after 6 months. I assisted in the management of production artists and distribution of workload, while managing and designing for clients such as McDonald's, Things Remembered and Ohio Lottery.
• Managed the McDonald’s account, which included 5 large co-ops in OH, PA & NY, designing indoor and outdoor menu signage, billboards, direct mailers, promotional logos, invitations, retouched photos, and directed photo shoots. Created designs that aligned with the corporate identity, but pushed the branding to enhance the co-ops and campaigns. I managed all jobs from concept through execution, while collaborating with copy and account managers. Utilized my illustration skills to produce fun, engaging invitations for the annual co-op holiday parties.
• Art Director on the Third Federal & Ohio Lottery accounts designing direct mailers, invitations, store signage, web banners, ﬂyers, logos, and new business concepts. I also designed the originalKeno slides, Mega Millions billboards, and Ohio Lottery instant scratch-off vending machines, which are still in use at local grocery stores.
• Art Director on the Aspen Dental & Things Remembered accounts designing direct mailers, ads, retailsignage, ﬂyers, logos, and managed the quarterly newsletters. Created thematic illustrations for both newsletters and retail signage.
Graphic Designer - intern
Jun 2004 - Sep 2004 (3 months)
• I worked in the creative department designing packaging and print collateral for paint and car care products.
• I designed packaging and mock ups, sell sheets, catalogs, illustrations, logos, photographed products, retouched images and assisted in print buying.
• Started as an intern and became a contractor
Graphic Designer - intern
Jun 2004 - Aug 2004 (2 months)
• I designed a direct mail postcard, invitation shell for events, and logo identity for the museum membership.
• Archived files
Sep 2003 - Jun 2004 (9 months)
• I turned a concept from the client into an ad and created the layout of the newspaper.