Sr. Industrial Designer
Jun 2007 - Present (15 years 1 month)
• Responsible for providing industrial designs to product teams in Lexmark R&D and focal point for all ID questions and issues concerning products developed in Cebu R&D.
• Designed and conceptualized Single Function and Multifunction Mono laser printers and ink jet printers.
• Experience in defining solutions for both Enterprise and Consumer printer solutions.
• Demonstrates design implementation of ID requirements and defines new approaches to complex design problems and convey solutions in the form of presentations, mock-ups/ prototypes, and design specifications.
• Collaborates globally with teams of development engineers, UxD, industrial designers, graphic designers, UI/UX and multi-disciplinary project teams to execute on overall project objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
• Developed Next Generation printer solutions, Design Languages, Color Finish Materials and under the hood strategies with a keen eye for details and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
• Works with the ID teams, engineering and manufacturing to ensure a smooth integration of the industrial design into mass manufacturing
• Represents to vendors on-site tooling and manufacturing meeting in China and Japan for industrial design requirements and review.
• Visits customers to get feedback and comments for current and future designs
• Takes the lead in Design Review and providing technical inputs to other team’s industrial/graphics designs
• Takes the lead in refining or defining existing processes or new processes when voids/conflicts exist within the department or within other cross functional areas the team interfaced.
University of the Philippines- Visayas
Nov 2006 - Jun 2014 (7 years 7 months)
• Teach Industrial Design communications ( sketching, renderings, visual presentation)
Industrial Designer II
Lexmark Research and Development Corp
Aug 2004 - Jun 2007 (2 years 10 months)
• Designed and conceptualize Single Function and Multifunction ink jet printers.
• Support Industrial Design for laser printers.
• Support in developing the Next Generation printers and Design Languages, CFMs, etc.
• Create printer concepts internal and external Lexmark customers
• Represented as ID for vendors on site tooling and manufacturing issues/ meeting with ODM
• Working closely with development engineers, marketing, usability and program management for new creative design solutions.
Industrial Designer (Freelance)
Emerson Network Power Philippines
Jun 2002 - Jun 2005 (3 years)
• Provided sketches/ renderings/ 3D for power adapters/ chargers for OEM (Nokia, Samsung, SE, & Motorola)
• Worked and collaborate with the product management and mechanical engineers/ electrical engineers for design solutions.
• Designed chargers for the local Philippine R&D site and China site.
Hugle Technologies Inc
Jun 2002 - Jun 2004 (2 years)
• Product designer for electronic gadgets/ semiconductor instruments
• Responsible for the 2d and 3d concepts of new products.
• Responsible for producing prototype and mock-up for new products
• Graphic designer for condense catalogue, logo, brochures, calling card, posters, graphic user interface designs ,icon design, and cd cover.
• Supervise in color separation and printing of catalogues and brochures.
• Exhibit Designer, 3d modeler and animator
• Responsible for the design and sourcing of materials for the exhibition booth.
• Supervise the set-up of the booth
Industrial Designer (Freelance)
Solar Time Ltd
Jan 2003 - May 2003 (4 months)
• Designed watches & luggages