Sr. Industrial Designer
Huntington Beach, CA
Oct 2021 - Present (7 months)
Independently lead a wide variety of design related activities across the business.
Demonstrate the value of Industrial Design to project teams to ensure it is incorporated appropriately and effectively.
Mentor younger designers in areas such as CAD modelling, rendering, and graphics.
Proactively seek and map out ideas for new business opportunities for review by the greater design team.
Constantly challenge and reflect on how workflows, tool sets, and business engagement can be made more effective.
Supports in the creation of far sighted design strategies and standards.
Industrial Design Manager
San Diego, CA
Oct 2019 - Sep 2021 (1 year 11 months)
As the Industrial Design Manager, I create, design, and develop new items across multiple categories including Dwellings, Clean Up, Furniture, Grooming, and Travel. I drive strategy for multiple Brands and Categories, analyzing data to offer solutions to SKU rationalize and differentiate offerings. I present white space, parallel industry and competitive analyses, trend data and consumer surveys to predict market pulse.
My key contributions in this role include:
* Achieved year-over-year growth, developing customer-driven designs across seven categories, creating the most innovative product assortment to date.
* Led five cross-functional teams through the New Product Development lifecycle to launch an assortment of data backed, high volume products across seven categories.
* Drive trend and product strategies for multiple Brands and Categories predict market pulse, analyzing data to uncover whitespace, differentiate offerings, and bring innovation to market.
* Championed cross-functional team processes to facilitate a collaborative working environment by setting clear objectives and recognizing performance.
Industrial Design Manager
Aug 2014 - Sep 2019 (5 years 1 month)
As the Industrial Design Manager, I refined trend direction for product lines and segments, turning them into incremental products, features, and innovations. I was a founding contributor in constructing, establishing and executing Innovation Stage Gate process. I worked to develop visual portfolio and competitive gap analyses, mood boards, concept iterations, renderings, and presentations to communicate design vision. Additionally, I mentored a diverse team of designers, improving skill in design aesthetic, communication, company processes, and personal development.
Some of my accomplishments include:
* Grew Hunter Fan Company by implementing groundbreaking aesthetic design strategy, transforming Core product line.
* Designed on-trend products through utilizing skills in sketching, 3D models, and prototyping effectively communicating design intent and satisfying client needs and wants.
* Built and managed a diverse team of four designers of various levels, improving skill in design aesthetic, communication, company processes, and personal development.
* Defined trend direction for multiple product lines and segments, turning them into incremental products, features, and innovations.
* Developed portfolio and competitive gaps analyses, mood boards, concept iterations, renderings, and presentations to communication design vision.
* Collaborated closely with teams, supervising end-to-end project management of the development lifecycle process from concept through production to end of life.
Industrial and User Interface (UI) Designer
Jan 2012 - Jul 2014 (2 years 6 months)
In this role, I designed user centered hardware kiosks for grocery, vending, and corporate environments. I created integrated hardware and software systems resulting in patentable technology and focused design around human factors, usability, installation, and maintenance.
Some of my contributions include:
• Created integrated hardware and software technology systems resulting in 3 utility patents.
• Ensured full compliance with American Disabilities Act standards.
* Collaborated with Engineering & QA teams to build and release new versions of hardware and software, continuously improving designs.
* Performed onsite consumer field tests and surveys, and documented feedback and applied learnings to future improvements and upgrades.