I am Rhys Duindam, a 24 year old Industrial Designer from New Zealand/Holland. In my spare time I enjoy golfing, skateboarding, filming and playing guitar. I am a proactive and enthusiastic interaction/industrial designer and I am always looking to learn and innovate.
My vision on design is to improve self-esteem through fun activity. By giving people the power to ‘magically/playfully’ control their environment, my “tools of leisure” are able to turn ordinary designs into extra-ordinary experiences that boost a person’s self-esteem.
At my startup, Nupky, we use design to empower great technologies, in ways that appreciate the playful human experience. We specialize in obvious ideas, that don't exist yet.
HOT100 Talent 2013 by ‘Het Nieuwe Instituut’
Best idea of Dutch Design Week 2014 (Tingle) by the Creators Project (Vice x Intel)
Dutch Design Weeks
• “DOKPUNT” - Tingle - (2013)
• “ID’13” - [ ] - (2013)
• Design United - Little Devil - (2013)
• “ID’12” - Tingle & Little Devil - (2012)
• “Design Cares - Stadhuis Meets Design” - Little Devil
Other Notable Exhibitions:
• Helsinki Design Week (2012) - “Design Cares” - Little Devil
• TodaysArt - HOT100 Showcase - Tingle - Den Haag
• Discovery Festival 2012 - Tingle - Eindhoven
• Disegnare Oggetti Sonori - Tingle - Rome
• Arnhem Fashion Bienalle 2013 - Dance Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee