Westlake Village, CA
Feb 2018 - Present (3 years 11 months)
Developing online advertising, collateral, animation, presentations and websites for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies.
- Created compelling and distinct packaging and collateral for print and digital advertising for a CPG start-up focused on developing, manufacturing, and marketing innovative toys. Drew upon extensive design background and collaborated with company's Creative Director to drive artistic vision from concept to production. - Designed logos and developed 360° branding including logos, style guides, packaging, pop displays, websites, social and onlibe advertising. Designed animated bumper for commercials additionally supported company's outsourced web design development by creating final art assets, animations and layout design. Lit, textured and posed 3D renders and added effects and retouching. - Rebranded the Skyrocket identity to align with the company's tech-forward persona. - Helped train Interns and Designers to work efficiently and effectively with iterative design approach - Taught employees some of the finer points of Adobe Creative Suite to help save time and improve accuracy during production. - Was a driving force and integral part of helping start-up become a Fortune 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company within 3 years. - Edited videos for commercial sizzles, created animated and static social media banners and developed print ads to run in national magazines. - Designed and built unique and impactful tradeshow booths from signs and backgrounds to props and lighting for ComicCon, the New York Toy Fair and Hong Kong Toy Fair. Key team player in several Skyrocket award wins including:
companies and small business owners needing identity collateral advertising materials and website design to drive growth. Specific client work included Skyrocket - Innovative packaging and product development for CPG startup. NoWay - Produced and edited promotional videos as well as created website and marketing collateral for a stunt rigging company and Studio. Additionally designed identity package, outdoor signage, and developed an interactive floor plan of the studio. - Photo illustrated experiential marketing pitch for flying signage and mascots through major sporting venues. - Abydos/Frank Capra Jr. - Created a business and marketing plan for a virtual reality entrepreneur bringing vr to people on custom 18 wheel VR rigs as well as permanent installations at major casinos, theatres and custom VR restaurants. - Additionally drew upon architectural education to design a movie based theme park branded with Frank Capra near Fox Woods in Connecticut.
- Designed toy packaging from concept to production for innovative company specializing in traditional play patterns. Additionally developed the company's internal website and advertising. Additional Industry Experience Includes: Advanced Research Laboratories * Senior Designer * 1 year - Developed marketing collateral, POP displays, and packaging for hair care products such as CitreShine and Got2b
Senior Art Director
- Developed branding and packaging for Top 10 toy company specializing in the design and marketing of toys and consumer products served within the Interactive Department, managing and producing packaging, websites and unique interactive tradeshow booths. - Directed 3 in-house designers and served as an effective liaison to 3rd party vendors including photographers, illustrators, and web developers. - Spearheaded the entire brand look for 7 high-tech toy brands including: - EyeClops Bionic Eye Multizoom - Sold over $100M internationally - UltiMotion Plug It In & Play TV Games™ - Sold more than $300M internationally - SpyNet - Tech driven spy gear including Video Watch, Microscopes, Night Vision & internet based augmented reality missions - Max Force™ - Line of proprietary paper bullet spring loaded guns - Monsuno™ - Developed branding for transforming toy and the accompanying animated television series - Power Trains™ - Cost-effective modular train sets with all types of trains and deluxe activity sets - MXS- Fully articulated motorcycle action figures such as Travis Pastrana & Ricky Carmichael
* 2 years - Designed marketing collateral, identity package and advertising for Saint John's Health Center - Designed website and edited videos for The Newseum in Washington D.C. as well as D.C. Mayor, Anthony Williams Halo Interactive * Art Director * 3 years - Designed interactive multimedia sales certification programs for Hewlett-Packard and Countrywide as well as the promotional collateral. - Designed marketing collateral and print advertising for New Zealand Tourism Board, Saint John's Health Center, LAAC, Pepperdine & The Archdiocese of LA Technology Profile Adobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, After Effects, XD & Premiere Figma * KeyShot * Keynote * SketchUp * Unity * Blender * Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
"Real Cooking Ultimate Baking Starter Set"
NAPPA/National Parents Product Award win for the TOTY Award for the "Chocolate Pen"
Walmart "Chosen by Kids" award for the "Sky Viper v2400FPV Streaming Drone with FPV Headset" NAPPA win
Patrick McArthur Design-Newbury
Owner/Operator Served as
- Designed b2b as well as consumer facing communications for Amgen pharmaceuticals and all its brands. - Designed identity packages and developed assets for tradeshows, print and digital advertising, videos and websites. - Performed video editing for nationally televised commercials additionally supported company's outsourced web design development by creating final art assets, animations and layout design. Produced 3D rendering and photo retouching. - Designed unique tradeshow and visualized it in 3D using Blender, utilizing UV mapping and 3D modeling. - Created logo and collateral for Amgen's Breakaway event that supports research for heart health and cancer.