Freelance Industrial Designer
Feb 2013 - Present (8 years 5 months)
Provide industrial design, packaging, CAD modeling and rendering services on a freelance basis.
Auckland, New Zealand
Feb 2012 - Feb 2013 (1 year)
Working Holiday in New Zealand
Some of the positions held in this time:
• Product photographer and graphic designer for Glamuzina Corporation, a jewellery wholesaler.
• Temp light manufacturing worker at UniPlas, an injection molding firm.
• Copywriter for ProGear, a photography store.
• Photographer for the Pirate City Rollers and Auckland Roller Derby League.
Sep 2008 - Feb 2012 (3 years 5 months)
• Designed consumer electronics, packaging, point of purchase displays, trade show booth.
• Used SolidWorks to make detailed 3d models of product concepts for prototyping and manufacturing.
• Wrote comprehensive design documentation to hand off to overseas engineers.
• Created photorealistic renders of products for use in marketing and packaging.
• Made graphics for packaging and promotional material.
• Created mockups of folding carton packaging.
• Sourced and built an in-house product photography studio.
• Undertook product photography for web and packaging.