Managing Mechanical Engineer - Testing
Morgan Hill, CA
Jan 2014 - Present (7 years 9 months)
• Oversee the global testing infrastructure for the company (multiple testing laboratories in four countries).
• Direct manager of three test engineers and four lab technicians.
• Collaborate with internal product design teams to define and execute a global strategy supporting their structural testing needs.
• Lead testing related research and development: design of experiments, data acquisition, data analysis, test fixture and dedicated test machine design, test standard creation, prototype validation, etc.
• Manage daily testing operations USA test lab: perform failure analysis of composite and metallic structures, design and review test plans to ensure compliance with international and internal standards, task scheduling, process optimization, lead site maintenance, etc.
• Company liaison to ISO TC 149/SC 1 and ASTM F08 workgroups for bicycle safety standards.
• In-house subject matter expert of testing and product structural failure for company legal team.
Mechanical Engineer - Testing
Morgan Hill, CA
Sep 2011 - Dec 2013 (2 years 3 months)
• Performed testing research and development for bicycle structural components focusing on characterization of behavior during use, including design of experiments, data acquisition, data analysis, test procedure design, and test hardware design.
• Carried out new product structural testing for certification against internal and international standards (ISO 4210, 8098, ISO AS/NZS 1927:2010, etc.).
Graduate Research Assistant - Engineering Mechanics
University of Texas at Austin
Aug 2009 - Aug 2011 (2 years)
• Performed experimental research in high strain-rate deformation of polymer-coated aluminum under Dr. Krishnaswamy Ravi-Chandar.
• Designed experimental setups, including necessary custom hardware.
• Co-authored “On the dynamics of localization and fragmentation: V. Response of polymer coated AI 6061-O-tubes,” a research paper published in the International Journal of Fracture.
Mechanical Design Engineer
San Jose, Costa Rica
Jan 2007 - Jun 2009 (2 years 5 months)
• Led three design projects from conceptual design through on-site commissioning for automated and semi-automated heavy industry machinery for the poly-vinyl chloride industry, facilitating cross-functional communication of all teams involved and taking responsibility for all related engineering work.
• Supervised two additional similar design projects, guiding and mentoring new engineers.
• Piloted the company’s use of finite element analysis practices as a means of optimizing design.