2018 - Present (3 years)
• Develops, oversees and evolves marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and lead generation across multiple channels—including print, websites, social media and email—for our parent company and its two subsidiaries. Drives marketing integration to ensure message consistency. Establishes parameters to gauge the effectiveness of current marketing tools, analyzes data and presents plans to optimize our efforts to senior-level executives. Drafts editorial pieces, press releases, and case studies to tell our story and distinguish our national security and communications solutions. Develops social media guidelines to assist internal stakeholders. Identifies positive industry news for social media postings. Proposes and executes initiatives and tools for internal communications (e.g., Intranet, companywide emails). Serves as the point of contact for marketing- and press-related queries. Collaborates with members of the Business Development team on submissions to RFP responses. Articulates our products, services and value-add in key sections of RFP and RFI responses.
Senior Marketing Specialist
2013 - 2018 (5 years)
* Developed communications strategies for events and programs in the affordable homes and community development industries. Wrote responses to HUD NOFA (s) that detailed the scope and value of marketing and outreach efforts. Reported the impact of marketing initiatives to HUD on a quarterly basis for training grants totaling over $3 million. Created messaging across multiple platforms, including social media, website, email and print to promote professional training opportunities, announce HUD policy changes, as well as scale financial education and literacy efforts. Built partnerships within the private and public sectors (e.g., banking institutions, HUD, Department of the Treasury) to optimize engagement. Managed the creation, marketing and fulfillment of homebuyer educational materials role included writing/editing publications, supervising vendor relationships, overseeing the budget and spearheading the RFP process. Assisted in defining and communicating the goals of the organization's financial capability focus area. Led the strategic development and creation of the messaging for symposia covering topics that range from economic development to financial inclusion and housing. .
2011 - 2013 (2 years)
* Differentiated the attributes, value proposition, products, and services of the communications and information technology company in proposal responses to RFPs and RFIs-including technical and past performance sections. Infused marketing and branding into the competitive bid process, from pre-RFP marketing to proposal development through post-award communications.
2008 - 2010 (2 years)
* Ensured delivery of a consistent brand experience and effective messaging. Led multidisciplinary meetings to gauge progress of website and microsite enhancements, conducted web usability testing, evaluated performance analytics and proposed new marketing tactics. Developed concepts and copy for ads, brochures, direct mail and email campaigns, speaking points, and scripts.
New York, NY
2002 - 2010 (8 years)
Provided contractual and project-based content for small and large companies serving industries from media to technology and luxury retail:
* Nielsen Business Media: Researched industry news, reported trending topics, analyzed website performance and developed content for news sites and blogs. (Contract extended for 3 years)
* Tiffany & Co.: Spearheaded efforts and served as the liaison for development of a content management system that would ensure consistent descriptions of Tiffany & Co. products across web channels. Served as the key point of contact for the relaunch of Tiffany.com, including efforts to write content for 10,000 products. (Contract extended for 3 years)
* Behavior Design: Wrote case studies and web content that highlighted solutions developed for interactive design firm's diverse client base-including Sirius Satellite, HBO and Intuit.
* ThomasNet: Led strategy and content development-including landing pages, online brochures and sell sheets-for an interactive product developed for industrial parts manufacturers and buyers.
* The Museum of Modern Art: Provided project management for development of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Store catalog. Managed production budget, coordinated merchant/vendor input, wrote product copy, and supervised freelance copywriter. (Contract extended for 2 years)
2001 - 2002 (1 year)
* Developed concepts and copy for rebranding efforts, product launches, tradeshow presentation for full-service ad agency. Secured media placement for print ads. Deliverables included brochures, press releases, direct mail and :60 radio spots. Organized focus groups. Supervised freelancers.
New York, NY
2000 - 2001 (1 year)
* Brought companies such as CBS, Nestle, and Castrol Oil to the web in the height of the dot-com boom by writing content for websites, microsites and online advertising at this full-service interactive agency.