Freelance Graphic Artist / Production Art
Mar 2017 - Present (4 years 6 months)
Freelance on singular project as well as through agencies at companies such as Perdue Pharma, Benchmark Education, and SGS.
Presently with SGS doing production work, prepping files for pre-press.
Feb 2016 - Dec 2016 (10 months)
• Design and production for print ads, signs and direct mail, large signs as well as small in-store communications.
• Digital production for social media and email.
• Photography and file management.
• Management of Notable Neighbors - a project to label and highlight local companies in-store.
• Design and supervision of creation and installation of signs for the West Village store to drive traffic to the lower level.
• InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Started as contract position through The Creative Group / Robert Half, hired full time September 2016.
Graphic Production and Design
Boehringer Ingelheim CHC
Danbury CT, United States
Oct 2006 - Sep 2014 (7 years 11 months)
Onsite contract position through YOH 2006 - 2007, then through Southern Graphics Systems from 2007 - 2014
• Updating of drug facts and design on OTC pharmaceuticals for cartons, web and FDA submissions using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Creating comps and mock ups
• Projects not limited to: packaging design and drug facts, new business ideas, marketing materials (FSIs, coupons, ads, displays, coupons, web banners.)
• Working with freelance artists, preparing and overseeing projects involving them (art direction and project tracking)
• Communicating between freelancers and marketing staff for projects (art direction and project tracking)
2004 - 2006 (2 years)
• Production and some design of brochures, ads, journals, signs and webpages for a design and marketing studio
• Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator, a little DreamWeaver
Graphic Production and Design
International Masters Publisher Inc.
2000 - 2002 (2 years)
• Design, production, color correcting, color separating and file management of brochures, flyers, game stickers, envelopes, booklets and packaging for direct mail marketing using Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Attended official brainstorming sessions with the whole company as well as a customized week long course on Creative Problem Solving
• Observed test panels
Graphic Artist / color separation / design
1998 - 2000 (2 years)
• Temp position through Aquent, eventually an employee
• Color separating and design for party plates, napkins, hats and tablecloths
• Esoteric use of Photoshop: multichannels, non PMS color formulas, hexachrome file set up
• Use of CoCo color correcting program to change/adjust color as well alteration of color distribution for litho printing
• Changing designs, designing
White Plains, NY
Jan 1998 - Jun 1998 (5 months)
• Layout, design, photo retouching and file management for production of catalogs for educational products
using Quark for Layout
• Photoshop to save company money on silhouettes and special touch ups that were usually sent out
Graphic Artist / Photography
M. W. Samara
1997 - 1998 (1 year)
• Assignment through Vantage in New York City
• Digital photography of fashion jewelry using a Nikon N90 with digital base
• Development of customized touch-up/editing procedures with Photoshop that interface with ImageInfo
• Arrangement of quick and easy laser printed catalog using ImageInfo
• Setting up database of images
• Teaching touch-up/editing procedures and the interface with ImageInfo to permanent staff
Graphic Artist / Production / Photography
1994 - 1997 (3 years)
• Design and production of technical and promotional materials
• Updating price manuals, installation instructions, four color brochures and other marketing materials
• Design of hats, awards, shirts, coffee mugs, pens, and other promotional items
• Co-created and ran an in-house photo studio, thereby reducing costs.