Co-Founder / Host
Oct 2010 - Present (10 years 6 months)
Established in October 2010, the Hand-Eye Supply Curiosity Club is a series featuring an eclectic group of speakers across a broad range of subjects around our shared interests in the areas of culture, design, science, technology, art, fabrication, design techniques and lost common knowledge. The Curiosity Club is honored to have a diverse and accomplished group of alumni; our group boasts designers, tinkerers, makers, writers, theorists, open source manufacturing advocates, teachers, a cyborg anthropologist, a historian, a luthier, a pinhole camera maker, a knife maker, a one-wheeled motorcycle designer and developer, a chef, an upholsterer, an amateur rocket scientist, an improv comedian, cargo bike builders. With each Curiosity Club meeting, the list continues to grow, feeding our natural curiosities with the fascinating expertise of equally fascinating people.
• Co Founder and Host with Will Lolcama
• Concepted and developed the speaker series, theme, and graphics
• Sources speakers and presenters
• Curates presenters' content
• Creates all promotional materials
• Manages A/V team
• Maintains digital archives and website
Jan 1999 - Present (22 years 3 months)
Operations Manager, Apparel Designer, Rock 'n' Roller in The Verner Pantons, Film Score Composition, Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Audio Editor.
Apr 2016 - May 2017 (1 year 1 month)
The Operations Manager overseas the daily operations of Coroflot, ensuring all aspects of the business are running in a timely, smooth and efficient fashion. The position requires proficiency in project management, client and partner relationship management, as well as team leadership. The Operations Manager plays an integral role in setting a structural and cultural foundation that reflects the values of our company and the community we serve.
Product Development and Operations Manager
Jan 2010 - Jun 2016 (6 years 5 months)
The Product Development & Operations Manager oversees the entire scope of business operations of Hand-Eye Supply. Primary duties include planning, leading and monitoring activities vital to Hand-Eye Supply's strategic direction and daily operations. Additional responsibilities include design, development and production of the in-house product line. The Product Development & Operations Manager uses all means at their disposal to ensure the business unit continuously meets the financial and creative goals of its parent company, Core77, Inc.
• Develops and manages human capital.
• Monitors and continually assesses expenditures across budget categories, product mix and locations.
• Maintains the key value proposition of the operation by vetting decisions and guiding investment.
• Leverages deep operational and market knowledge to substantially form the strategic direction of the operation.
• Monitors large-arc performance and forecast outcomes in order to keep movement aligned toward goals.
Industrial Design Intern
Nov 2008 - Apr 2009 (5 months)
Modern Edge, Inc. is a strategic design firm. Our focus is on translating consumer experience insight into concrete value through product design, service design, interaction design and information
+ Active Lifestyles
+ Health and Wellness
+ Household Goods
Jan 2005 - May 2006 (1 year 4 months)
Design and preparation of graphic files for cd, lp and vinyl jacket production
Jul 1999 - Jan 2005 (5 years 6 months)
Guidance Recordings was a House music record label based in Chicago, Illinois. The record label was founded in 1996 by Ivan Pavlovich, Rob Kouchoukos, Sid Stary. The label has released a great number of compilation albums in the subgenre of deep house, with the strains of soulful electronic music, nu-jazz, funk, Afro-Caribbean, Latin, electro and broken beat rhythms. One of their most illustrious and memorable productions was the Hi-Fidelity House Imprint series, which lasted for five volumes, featuring homegrown artists such as Nuspirit Helsinki, and guest appearances like tracks from Dubtribe Sound System.
• Design and preparation of graphic files for cd, lp and vinyl jacket production,
• Design of promotional collateral, including advertisements in major magazine publications.
• Transferring and organizing digital files for easy access via ftp, internet and email.
• Compression and editing of audio files for digital distribution services including iTunes.
• Sourcing recording talent.
• Communicating between potential artists and the record label and securing initial trust of artists.
• Project manager for audio and graphics projects.
• Editing audio files for cd, lp and video games.
• Repairing audio files.