Project Manager, Construction
May 2017 - Present (4 years 4 months)
• Overall on site construction management, DDC NYC, FDNY Rescue 2, Brooklyn, NYC (+30M)
• Administration of the contract, maintaining contract documentation, providing oversight of the contractor’s compliance to all contract provisions, including monitoring the contractor’s safety, quality, cost and schedule performance
• Lead contract-specific interfaces with project-wide support staffs and DDC stakeholders, including safety, quality, code compliance, environmental, geotechnical, design, third-party and inter-agency coordination
• Coordination with cost/schedule staff for weekly and monthly reporting on the status and progress of the contract, responsible for control and management of contract scope, cost and schedule
• Awards: LiRo Safety Award
Senior Project Architect
May 2015 - Jun 2017 (2 years 1 month)
• Responsible for business development including the sourcing of new specialty retail clients and the creation and negotiation of proposals and contracts (Starbucks, KFC, Amorino, Itsu, Orthology, Chipotle, Eatsa, Rite Aid, Nanoosh, Maison Kayser, TD Bank, Blink Fitness).
• Manage multiple national and international client accounts, specializing in development in the N.Y. Metro Area
• Source, train and manage new team members; production staff, junior architects, project managers
• Review construction documents, specifications, submittals, value engineering efforts, consultant deliverables, pay requisitions
• Lead the permitting/expediting process, coordinate/perform inspections and close out of projects
Director of Architecture
Sep 2013 - Jun 2015 (1 year 9 months)
• Responsible to lead entitlements/architectural/engineering/design/construction administration for an award-winning travel restaurateur with 200+ restaurant and retail locations in ten airports across North America, (+$120M)
• Source, manage and partner with world renowned design firms to create atmospheres that transform the architectural space of an airport.
• Lead the seamless integration of inviting atmospheres and technology as a key differentiator
• Manage the subtenant design and entitlements program for all OTG concessions programs
• Hire, train, mentor and develop architectural staff. Partner with the executive team to deliver company vision and goals.
Director of Design
Feb 2012 - Sep 2013 (1 year 7 months)
• Retail Development/Construction Administration - Review and approve shop drawings, work letters, lease exhibits and language, construction budgets and other documents as required. Other responsibilities include weekly reports and presentations with internal and external shareholders.
• Consultant/Vendor Management – Responsible for sourcing and management of architectural, MEP, structural, geo-tech, lighting, AV, civil, signs, millwork and other consultants as required.
• Design and Brand Building – Responsible for the design and brand development of a start-up fitness concept, including collaboration with the creative and marketing teams, creation of the design team/standards and the rollout of 25+ new locations per year.
• Leadership – Hire, train, mentor and develop design managers, project managers and related support staff. Collaborate in cross-functional, strategic sessions in support of new brand development.
• Business Planning – Responsible for creation of design and cross-functional processes, streamlining and standardization of existing processes and tools, forecasting to procurement, value engineering and budget forecasting. Forecast talent and resources in anticipation of fast-paced rollouts across new geographies.
Regional Design Manager
Mar 2008 - Feb 2012 (3 years 11 months)
• Consultant Management – Responsible for management of architectural, MEP, structural, civil and legal consultants for the north east region (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, NY, NJ, CT) and work collaboratively with operations, real estate, construction, marketing and other disciplines.
• Design/Brand Development – Responsible for creating new national and international Chipotle design concepts for free standing and conventional sites.
• Strategic Planning – Responsible for sourcing, hiring and training appropriate firms in accordance with long and short term development plans. Also responsible for pre-design feasibility studies for potential sites in accordance with the real estate market plan.
• Awards – 2012 VMSD Retail Renovation Competition
Senior Design Manager
Mar 1999 - Mar 2008 (9 years)
• Leadership – Direct management of 15-person design team covering the NE/Atlantic region (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, NY, NJ, CT, PA, MI, OH, WV, VA, DE, DC) and provided direction to operations, real estate, construction and out-sourced consultant teams. UK/Ireland, direct the execution of new, existing and licensed stores (over 220 locations per year, +$60M)
• Construction Management – Provided construction management for over 100 projects/year including conversion of competitor acquisitions.
• Design – Responsible for design excellence in over 200 domestic new stores and 100 existing locations; flagship, concept and roll-out designs. Responsible for bringing best practices of the North American business to the UK
• Team Building – Hired and trained new design managers. Developed, trained and executed the outsource production plan within the division; sourced, hired and trained geographically appropriate firms for the program. Prepared five year strategic business and personnel plans
• Coaching and Mentoring – Developed a training program for new and existing store teams; organized weekly team meetings, monthly lunch & learns and individual meetings with team members
• Planning and Execution - Developed strategic plans aligned with EMEA goals and set tactical objectives for the team; managed production and measured results
• Development - Provided global design direction and training toward building a world class store development/design team. Collaborated with Amsterdam and Seattle-based corporate teams to provide best-practice insights to Starbucks development partners across Europe.
• Awards – Visionary Leader Award, Operations Partner Award, Pasqua Coffee Conversion Award
Apr 1997 - May 1999 (2 years 1 month)
Responsible for coordination of multi-faceted creative efforts between client, consultants, architects of record and in-house design and management teams
Oct 1995 - Apr 1997 (1 year 6 months)
Architect of record focusing on international hospitality, education and corporate office design
Assistant Project Manager
Jun 1993 - Oct 1995 (2 years 4 months)
Architect of record for transportation, education, and healthcare projects; responsible for preparation of construction documents, presentation drawings and scale models