Liverpool, United Kingdom
Oct 2021 - Jan 2022 (3 months)
• Taking on various roles in the sorting facility at an Amazon Warehouse, including stowing parcels, picking parcels from a conveyor, ensuring parcels arrive at the correct lines, unloading parcels onto the conveyor, & unloading incoming Lorries throughout the night
• Constantly working under continuous high pressure and workload to keep up with high volumes, & maintaining working practices when lifting heavy parcels regularly
• Co-ordinating workloads with colleagues to complete sorting tasks efficiently & quickly
• Ensuring parcels are correctly stowed, whilst working fast to keep up with demand
• Occasionally taking Line lead roles where I would manage & aid the pickers & stowers on the lines to ensure parcel sorting is undertaken as accurately as possible. Also responsible for monitoring systems to locate missing parcels as soon as possible to avoid delays later on
Southampton, United Kingdom
Feb 2019 - Jun 2021 (2 years 4 months)
1) “Kanya AG” Aluminium Profile build solutions; featuring panelling, worktops & mechanical engineering solutions to client-driven problems. Markets include manufacturing, aviation, & more.
2) Control room consoles & technical furniture; featuring a custom design to the client’s brief, built using TSS’s own “CORE” Aluminium Profile system. Markets include Air-Traffic-Control, Security, & more.
• Liaising closely with the sales & design team to fully understand the brief, and using my product knowledge and design skills to produce a solution.
• Producing 3D CAD, renderings & technical drawings for the sales team to provide a visual solution to the client’s enquiry/problem.
• Design for manufacture at the very beginning of the design process; to ensure we convey a clear & realistic solution to the client.
• Creating a Bill of Materials & calculating detailed lineitem quotations for the sales team (for Kanya AG profile solutions only).
• Involvement in group R&D projects that run alongside my usual work-load to explore new markets & opportunities for TSS Engineering.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Sep 2015 - Jun 2018 (2 years 9 months)
Fortnightly meetings with the Science and Technology Student Reps, Lecturers and Course Co-ordinators.
One of two Reps of Product Design Final Year to help send feedback from the students to the staff, allowing them to assess the positives and negatives of the department and improve the university experience for the students.
Part of an essential system within the Student Union to ensure the continuous improvement of the University. Communication and Networking skills are essential, as well as using resources to note down feedback from students to create instant evidence for Course coordinators
Order Processor and Delivery Driver
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Oct 2017 - Mar 2018 (5 months)
Mainly involves delivering customer orders to their door in a timely manner.
My job role extends to helping the kitchen staff with their tasks during busy hours which can range from taking pizzas from the oven into their desired box, to helping with the cleaning up at the end of a shift.
A cool head and consistent levels of concentration is required for such a high pressure job. I must ensure i am concentrating while driving on the roads, especially during busy evenings.
Project Design Engineer
Winchester, United Kingdom
Jul 2016 - Jul 2017 (1 year)
Management of design projects mostly concerning Plastic Injection Moulding.
Involvement in managing of product development with the client; from concept ideas to mould tool development and manufacture of parts by Far East partners.
This placement opportunity was a chance for me to build greatly upon my knowledge of injection moulding, and the design processes involved to ensure a part is designed compatible for the injection moulding process.
I also built upon my communication skills during my time with PDC Ltd by conversing with clients and suppliers, and presenting design stages to them. I explained which decisions had been made regarding the design, and giving them the option to "sign-off" on the design thus confirming they understand and are willing to progress onto the next stage of design.
Peer-Assited-Learning Leader (PAL)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Sep 2015 - Jul 2016 (10 months)
Working with one other PAL Leader to help facilitate learning for First Year Product Design students by having weekly sessions with them.
Discuss with half the year group their progress throughout the course and identify where they need help.
This ranges from showing the students resources to conduct market research (such as areas in the Library) to making/working through questions to ensure they understand the content of their Units.
Leadership, organisation and communication skills are key to keep the students listening and learning about their First Year.
London, United Kingdom
Jul 2015 - Jul 2015
Work Experience for one week.
Understanding what it’s like to work in a Designer’s Office environment.
Learning the importance of talking to clients and staff from partner businesses to ensure you design what they intend Designing layouts of products on AutoCAD, ensuring that parts all fit together correctly
Reading Technical Drawings for several parts and creating CAD Models from them
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Nov 2013 - Sep 2014 (10 months)
Daily Stock Counts and Office work starting at 5am or 8am.
Maintaining the company’s database, ensuring stock is in the correct store on the system and sorting through Lorry/Despatch paperwork.
Resolving technical problems with the pack-houses concerning bar-codes and stock movements
Maintaining a professional attitude, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work efficiently so that deliveries to Tesco depots across England are made on time.