Senior Digital Designer
Oct 2015 - Present (6 years 1 month)
Senior Graphic Designer
Star Media Group
Jun 2015 - Present (6 years 5 months)
• Designing for Web, Tablet and Print for Toronto Star and Metro
• Creating concepts and mock-ups on multiple platforms for new business pitches
Feb 2014 - Jun 2015 (1 year 4 months)
• Consulted on User Experience and User Interface for start-up companies
• Provided creative direction, branding and UI design for mobile applications
Jul 2013 - Feb 2014 (7 months)
• Explored brand identity options, created logos, iconography and illustrations
• Executed social media posts, and promotional materials such as gift cards, T-shirts, banners, etc.
• Designed customer journeys, and Keynote / PowerPoint presentations for new business pitches
• Brainstormed user experience flow charts with a team, created mock-ups for web and mobile
• Accounts: CVS, University of Phoenix, Progressive, Carnival Cruise Lines, TedEx, Volvo, etc.
Lead UI/UX Designer
Jun 2013 - Sep 2013 (3 months)
• Assumed a lead design role in a start-up environment with tight deadlines and short turn-around times.
• Developed information architecture and data flows in collaboration with game designers, writers and programmers.
• Executed extensive sketches, narratives and wire-frames exploring different interface options that would optimize usability and simplicity.
• Provided branding solutions including logo design and interface identity design.
• Created varied icons and interface elements under one coherent visual style.
• Instructed team members on technical design skills to improve pipeline efficiency.
Jul 2012 - Dec 2012 (5 months)
• Worked in a closely knit design agency with an excellent sense of teamwork and communication.
• Executed responsive web and UI/UX design and developed sites in cooperation with programmers.
• Provided branding, and identity solutions for diverse clients and companies.
• Designed print packages including brochures, posters, banners and catalogs.
• Created e-mail campaigns, Facebook and Twitter graphics, and other social marketing assets and event material for diverse companies.
• Communicated with clients through visual narratives, concise correspondence and extensive project descriptions.
• Exercised file management and impeccable organization to keep all source files accessible for all designers.
May 2012 - Jul 2012 (2 months)
• Designed characters, environments and assets.
• Created animation loops synchronized with sound and music.
• Managed projects individually based on feedback and instructions.
Art & Design Peer Tutor
Sep 2009 - Dec 2011 (2 years 3 months)
• Mentored students in Adobe Creative Suite applications and other design software.
• Advised peers in art history and held individual practice sessions for figure drawing.
• Provided design instruction and tutorials in multiple languages (English, Spanish and Mandarin) to ease communication barriers with international students.
The Patriot Ledger
Dec 2010 - Jul 2011 (7 months)
• Created page layouts, infographics, illustrations, and graphic assets for print design.
• Executed photo manipulation, and color correction.
• Worked under tight deadlines with other designers, photographers, reporters and editors.
• Communicated design processes efficiently with professionals in other fields.
• Managed assets in an extensive database to improve workflow throughout diverse departments.