- + Follow
Currently working as an Industrial Designer for Microsoft and setting up a new ID studio in Shenzhen.
Microsoft Comfort mouse
Microsoft Professional office headset
Microsoft Mobile comfort mouse
Senior Industrial Designer / User Experience Designer
Telephone: +86 18038032028
Date of birth: 27/02/1981
Portfolio website: www.Coroflot.com/JoshuaFischer818
2009 – Present
User Experience Designer II, Microsoft Corporation LTD
Responsibilities and Achievements:
- Design the next generation of Microsoft product experiences. Create the vision and deliver compelling design solutions that expand the user database of users.
- Deliver Microsoft Surface tablet design intent through development phases.
- Design and deliver Microsoft hardware products to enhance Windows 8 experience.
- Setup Design and research team in China, Shenzhen. This is the first studio for Microsoft PCHW outside of Redmond HQ.
- Leading a multidisciplinary team of designers through various projects simultaneously.
- Setup the Design model shop in the Shenzhen office to support front end design work in region.
- Supported the development of Microsoft hardware business in China and grow the opportunities.
- Brainstorming user/market/business/and technology innovations.
- Strive for excellence in design, user, quality and craftsmanship of product design solutions.
- Manage the design implementation process through internal and external resources.
Creating product direction for brand.
Wireless mobile mouse 3500
Wireless mobile mouse 3500 limited edition China
Comfort mouse 6000
Arc touch mouse limited edition artist series
Wireless mobile mouse 1000
Compact optical mouse 500
LifeChat LX-4000 & LifeChat LX-6000
LifeCam HD-6000 for notebooks
2006 – 2009
Senior Industrial Designer, AT&T home telecommunications
Responsibilities and Achievements:
- Senior designer with the AT&T home telecommunications brand and responsible for leading product direction and brand interpretation.
- Constructing a new framework of design guidelines from an updated brand strategy.
- Rejuvenation of the product line and progress into new market segments which has resulted in greater sales from the largest American supply chains.
- Management of project development process.
- Innovating with different departments to achieve greater understanding of the objectives.
- Developing international team members to become more independent in their thinking and process.
- Recruiting new design staff, identifying their potential to develop into the team.
- Visiting Hong Kong and American universities to lecture and work on sponsored projects. Developing students design process in a short period of time and resulting in employment.
DECT 6.0 2 handset Bluetooth cordless answering system
Big button Baby Boomer cordless phone
2004 – 2006
Industrial Designer, Vtech telecommunications 2004-2006:
- Industrial designer delivering products to strengthen company’s telecommunications range.
- Designing core range of products for the mass market and ODM business.
- Developing concept designs for a maturing telecommunications market.
- Working with team members on brainstorming and ideation resulting in product direction and innovations.
- Working alongside research and development in China and Canada to achieve the required designs.
- Researching user and trends to develop a greater understanding of the design process.
- Developing understanding industrial design for mass market
DECT 6.0 wireless handset system
Freelance design project, NUVO.
Create new product language for whole home audio system.
Amp unit to fit with home audio stack system. Power line adapter and in wall wireless hub.
Freelance design project, Ality.
Create new product architecture and design language for Ality photo frame range.
PIXXA Digital Photo Frame.
Other personal information:
Place of birth: San Jose, California USA.
Dual Citizenship: Great Britain and United States.
2000-2004, Middlesex University London UK, Bachelor of Arts, Product Design.
Industrial Design/ Furniture Design/ Robotics Design.
Chinese language (Putonghua) –1st level qualification, continuing learning.
Cycling / hiking / photography/ snowboarding / traveling & exploring the world / cooking / reading and watching movies / gaming.
Extensive skills in Adobe illustrator / Adobe Photoshop / Rhinoceros 2D/3D / Keyshot photo realistic rendering.
Middlesex University LONDON