- + Follow
Fashion Handbag & Accessories Designer
New York, NY
New York, NY
Annette Vazquez is a design professional working in fashion accessories and soft goods categories. She holds BFA degrees in Illustration from School of Visual Arts and in Accessories Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York. Additionally, she has completed footwear study abroad programs in the U.K. at London College of Fashion. Working for the past six years in her capacity as an in house designer, Annette has driven product design for brand licenses such as Jessica Simpson, Sam Edelman, and Kenneth Cole Reaction. Annette's design work has been sold nationwide at retailers such as TJ Maxx, Dillards, Steve Madden, Dressbarn, & Macy's; generating significant revenue for her employers and clients. Annette is a passionate reverse millennial workplace mentor for fashion industry management and writes about being an accessories design professional in the fashion world on her blog. She delights in helping design departments improve their overall efficiency and creative output. She is now based in New York City.
-Nautica Womens Mainline & Special Projects
-Kenneth Cole Reaction Outlet- Womens Handbags and SLGs
Designing cold weather accessories.
Assisting VP of Design daily
• Offer new concept ideas and trend research at the beginning of each season
• Work with merchant team to assist in determining sales strategies for proprietary products
• Driving in house design growth by offering new ideas and trend research at the beginning of each season to influence merchant's buy assortments for all in house non-apperal categories including, footwear and jewelry.
• Designing handbags, SLGs, gifts, and sleepwear collections from concept sketches to final samples
• Reporting directly to the SVP of Creative
• Partnering with merchant team to execute designs in scarves and other accessories
Worked with the creative director to execute handbag designs for the from concept to production.
Designed small bags for Jessica Simpson collection
Partnered with vendors and print houses to source materials and prints for Jessica Simpson Collection.
Brands worked on include Jessica Simpson, BCBGeneration, Lucky Brand, & Botkier.
• Responsible for bags and small leather goods from concept through production.
• Research seasonal trends
• Work with Sam Edelman for brand direction
• Presentation of concept and groups
• Design of components from custom hardware to textile prints
• Source and place sample orders of raw materials.
• Issuing of specs to over-seas contractors and maintain all communication between factory product development
• Supervision of corrections to samples through production
• Review of line with administrative team & sales
• Hired as assistant designer and became the sole consulting handbag designer, handling all the production/ design related tasks.
• Updated and created technical specifications for sample execution.
* Worked on handbags, SLGs, and cosmetic bags.
• Coordinated with designers to produce accurate specs.
Assist design team with presentations and handbag artwork.
Liaison with cross functional partners to execute designs.
Archive trend research and source swatches for samples.
Participated in the Apprentice project to create a mock line for Coach and presented it to senior design.
Mocked up designs on Illustrator based on designer's sketches
Designed new product based on designer's direction.
Created new product development sheets/ tech packs.
Updated Line sheets
Trend researching for new collections
Maintained design boards
Archived seasonal collections
• Created and merchandized visual displays
• Sourced showroom props and materials
• Provided input and research for design ideas
• Assisted and styled during photo shoots
• Completed trendboards and footwear designs
Setting up artwork on a template and printing out images on film to be burned on the screens. Collaborating with sample makers and art directors.
Study abroad summer courses in footwear design and digital footwear design.
Studies in footwear, handbags, SLGs, and the fashion industry.