- + Follow
Designer, Storyboard Artist, Illustrator, 3D Modeler.
Casey Sanborn is an experienced Illustrator, Art Director, and Designer with multiple published titles in print. Past clients include: Disney Enterprises, Inc., DreamWorks, Marvel Entertainment, Sesame Street Workshop, Sony, the National Dairy Council, HIT Entertainment, and the National Football League. Prior to working as a freelance illustrator, Casey worked for over five years at an international publishing company as an Art Director and Illustrator for children's electronic books and multi-media. He holds a B.F.A. in illustration from the Rhode Island School of Design. Currently, Casey is earning a degree in 3D Animation and Visual Effects from Vancouver Film School. His primary focus of study is 3D Modeling and Animation. You can contact Casey at: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 604-762-1074 To view Casey's portfolio online, please visit either of the following links: http://www.behance.net/caseysanborn http://www.coroflot.com/caseysanborndesign Specialties: Proficiency In a wide variety of traditional and digital media. Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Autodesk Maya, and Zbrush. Ability to render in many styles. Strong eye for layout, color, and typography. A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique. Self-managing and able to meet deadlines. Ability to learn new tools quickly.
Jake and the Never Land Pirates
Totally Awesome 80's
• Experienced illustrator with multiple published titles in print.
• Approved illustrator for several licensed character groups including: Disney Princess, Sesame Street, DreamWork's Shrek, The Smurfs, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Marvel Spider-Man & Friends, and Rainbow Magic.
• Closely follows client direction and communication.
• Creates vibrant, lush illustration in various design styles.
• Self-manager with ability to successfully meet deadlines.
• Follows diverse licensor style guides to keep characters and illustrations on model.
• Conceptualizes original characters, environments, props and worlds.
• Designed children’s electronic books and multi-media products from initial concept through final product.
• Composed full-sized layouts and art direction for freelance illustrators.
• Made art corrections based on licensor comments and bluelines.
• Worked closely with production through the proofing process and color correction to final product.
• Specialized as the company’s in-house illustrator.
• Designed pop-ups, plush toys, interactive games, and animations.
• Worked with outside manufacturers and licensors.
Related coursework: Illustration I-III, Painting I-III, Children’s Book Illustration, Picture and Word, Introduction to Animation, Character Animation, Storyboarding, Comic Book Stroytelling, The Comic Book Narrative, Computers for Illustrators I & II, Layout and Art Direction, Advanced Projects, various art history coursework, various liberal arts courses.