Casey Sanborn is an experienced illustrator with multiple published titles in print.
Past clients include: Disney, DreamWorks, Marvel, Sesame Street Workshop, Sony, HIT Entertainment, and the National Football League.
Prior to freelancing, Casey worked for over five years at an international publishing company as an Art Director and Illustrator for children's electronic books and multi-media.
He holds a B.F.A. in illustration from the Rhode Island School of Design. Currently, Casey is earning his degree in 3D Animation and Visual Effects from Vancouver Film School - located in British Colombia, Canada.
Casey Sanborn Illustration Studio
Freelance Illustrator (Self-employed)
November 2007 - Present
• Experienced illustrator with multiple published titles in print.
• Approved illustrator for several licensed character groups including: Disney Princess, Sesame Street, Marvel Spider-Man & Friends, DreamWork's Shrek, Rainbow Magic, The Smurfs, and Olivia the Pig.
• Closely follows client direction and communication.
• Creates vibrant, lush illustration in various design styles.
• Self-manager with ability to successfully meet deadlines.
• Follows licensor style guides to keep characters and illustration on model.
• Conceptualizes original characters, environments, props and worlds.
Publications International, Ltd.
(Privately Held; 201 - 500 employees; Publishing industry)
2002 - 2007 (5 years)
• Designed children’s electronic books and multi-media products from initial concept through final product.
• Composed full-sized layouts and art direction for freelance illustrators.
• Made art corrections based on licensor comments and bluelines.
• Worked closely with production through the proofing process and color correction to final product.
• Specialized as the company’s in-house illustrator.
• Designed pop-ups, plush toys, interactive games, and animations.
• Worked with outside manufacturers and licensors.