- + Follow
Director of Industrial Design - Outdoor Sports & Consumer El...
My most rewarding moments occur while giving substance to ideas through meaningful solutions and iconic designs for the end user. I am an experienced product design and development leader within the outdoor sporting goods and consumer electronics industries. I have had the privilege to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of major brands such as Wilson Sporting Goods, Thomson Consumer Electronics, Stanley Black & Decker, Oakley, Plano Molding, Umarex USA, Gamo, Wildgame Innovations, Zebco Brands and Red Devil.
TOUR MG REEL
• Halo Optics
• Barnett Crossbows
• Wildgame Innovations
• Zink Calls
• Ground EFX
• Evolved Harvest/Habitat
• The brands I have collaborated with include Wilson Sporting Goods, Stanley Black & Decker, Red Devil, Barnett Outdoors, Wildgame Innovations, Ameristep, Flextone, Umarex, Head Down Golf and more.
• Provide design strategy and award winning creative direction that has built disruptive, brand-building products and experiences.
• Determine materials, construction, mechanisms, surface finishes, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with global product development teams.
• Currently engaged in various confidential consumer electronic and hard good products.
• Lead design development of products for accounts Bass Pro, Cabela's, Walmart, Academy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kmart, Jarvis Walker, TSA, Oakley and others.
• Coordinate with development teams to identify long-term strategic design direction and brand identity.
• Direct the development and construction of 3D models for evaluation and testing for both internal and external reviews.
• Mentor and provide art direction for designers and design interns.
• Lead product design of performance driven pro staff product for Kevin VanDam, Tommy Biffle, Bill Dance, Gerald Swindle and others.
• Determine materials, construction, mechanisms, surface finishes, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with global product development teams that includes international travel.
.• Coordinate with long-term product development cycles to enable adequate development time for future manufacturing capabilities and coatings.
Instruct evening Graphic Design courses.
Collaborated on advanced concepts for RCA, GE, and ProScan consumer electronics.