- + Follow
Furniture, Lighting and Product Designer
I am a hard working and dedicated individual who gains immense satisfaction from being involved in all stages of a product’s development. New challenges are something I relish and I consider myself to be a multi-faceted designer. I have gained experience in all aspects of the design process; from product conception and visualisation, to model making, to sourcing materials and manufacturers.
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +44 (0)7940595541
The design principles I work with are:
• design simple and well manufactured products.
• sustainability should be a standard.
• effective communication between the designer and the client.
• a sense of humour is important.
• always look to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
The hands on experience I gained at my time working for Isao Hosoe Design in Milan, and the varied role I played at Established & Sons in London has prepared me for a product/furniture design role. I am still growing, as both a designer and an individual, and would like to do this within a design company that shares similar principles to mine.
I pride myself on my time management and organisation skills, and aim to develop the knowledge and experience that I have gained so far, by being an important asset to a company’s design department.
Design for The Apocalypse
2011 - Internship at Established & Sons in London. Duties included -
• producing technical drawings.
• liaising with manufacturers/designers.
• assisting with project management.
• creating manuals for the product range.
• exhibition design and installation.
• producing visuals and renders.
2010 - Internship at Isao Hosoe Design in Milan, Italy. Duties included -
• assisting in numerous design projects [ranging from kitchenware to high end glass coffee tables].
• model making and prototyping.
• technical drawings, packaging design, branding.
• in-depth research for future projects.
2009 - Freelance CAD work for Ergonamics Innovation, a Product Design Consultancy from South Wales.
2006 - Placement at Desklink Tafarnaubach, Office Furniture Design and Manufacturers.
2004 - Placement at Signrite Graphic Design Company (CAD experience).
2012- NTU Design Industries Exhibition
• Part of a team that designed, managed and installed the NTU Furniture & Product Design
Exhibition. The website, blogs, brochure and invitations were also designed by this team.
2011- Established & Sons London Design Week
• Part of a team that installed the exhibition, curated by Nendo, at the Established & Sons studio in
2011- Established & Sons Salone Del Mobile Exhibition
• Assisted in designing, planning, managing and installing the exhibition at the Versace Theatre in
Confident in -
• Solidworks • 3D Studio Max • Photoshop • Illustrator • InDesgin •AutoCad 2012
• Microsoft Office
Also knowledge of -
• Rhino • Maxwell Render • Shark FX • HTML & CSS coding
Education & Qualifications
1999 - 2006 - Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni Comprehensive School.
• A levels: Art; Design Technology; History.
• GCSEs: 12 including English, Maths & Welsh.
2006 - 2007 - Foundation Diploma in Art and Design Technology, Glyntaff College of Art and Design.
• City and Guilds Life Drawing and Key Skills 3 qualifications.
2008 - 2012 - BA (Hons) Furniture & Product Design, Nottingham Trent University.
• 1st Class Honours.
• fluent in Welsh.
• full U.K. driver’s licence [held for over 5 years].
• BDC New Designer of the Year award 2012 [for Kurk].
• 1st place in the Biome Lifestyle Ethical Design Competition.
• 2nd place in the Student Lighting Design Awards Competition 2012 [for Kurk].
• Award for Best Student on Furniture & Product Design at Nottingham Trent 2012.