- + Follow
Footwear Colorist at The North Face
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Full time Illustrator. Part time illustration instructor. Occasional art show artist. Specialties: Color design, fashion illustration, production design, character design, process and technique instructor.
Oregon Home Magazine Illustration
3rd Street Grill Web Site
Identify seasonal color standards and directions based on collaboration with Footwear Design Director and through global trend research from tradeshows, exhibitions, retailers, print and web.
Determine direction for color usage on all footwear. Color direction must align with other ABM’s (activity based models), based on constant communication with apparel and hardgoods teams.
Responsible for management of physical color pallets: Duties to include management of pantone books, conversion of apparel color standards to pantone standards, and creation of pantone color chip palettes for design and PLM teams.
Responsible for SMU (special make up) program coloration. Duties to includes coordinating timelines with SMU development manager for colored cad delivery.
Primary liaison with all ABM’s for color alignment and any keep footwear team apprised of color changes through PLM process.
Maintain color reference library for footwear. Materials to include, leathers, meshes, EVA and Rubber color standards.
Support Design Director and Category Director in creating color/ theme / trend related presentation materials for meetings, presentations, sales materials and trade shows.
Responsible for the majority of color cads for new and carry over colorways.
• Excellent color / print sense
• Strong ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences.
• Capable of making sound judgments on color deviations while providing the footwear team advice on how to achieve required colors for textile and leather goods.
• Independent, resourceful and able communicate effectively with Sales Team, Retailers, and external Development Team
• Sound organizational and administrative skills
• Exhibit effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work and interact with others
• Ability to work independently
• Computer experience to include: Adobe Illustrator /Adobe PhotoShop on Mac platform
For hire - to create both traditional and digital illustrations. In publications, web, childrens books, fashion and....other random acts of illustration
• Oakland Animal Serives - Oakland, California – group show February 2015
• The Walken Situation – San Francisco, California – group show November 2014
• Moonlighting lll - The North Face group show - Oakland, California - April 2013
• Illustrating a Point – Atlanta, Georgia – group show December 2012
• Skateraid – Decatur, Georgia – group show September 2012
• Sketchbook Project – Brooklyn, New York – 2011 and 2012
• Buckman Art Show – Portland, Oregon – group show March 2011
• Swift – Portland, Oregon – solo show July 2010
• Urban Grind NE – Portland, Oregon – solo show June 2010
• 100th Monkey Studio – Portland, Oregon – group show Feb 2010
• Alchemy – San Diego, California – solo show September 2009
• Jeans4Justice – La Jolla, California – painted denim for fashion show May 2009
• Vaute Couture – Chicago, Illinois – honorable mention coat design contest November 2008
• Bluefoot Lounge – San Diego, California – group show May 2008
• Rock Paper Scissors Collective – Oakland, California – group show January 2008
• Bamboo Lounge – San Diego, California – group animation show December 2007
• Open Gallery/Bookstore – Long Beach, California – group show Oct 2007 to Jan 2008
• Beep Beep Gallery – Atlanta, Georgia – group show November 2006
• DooGallery – Atlanta, Georgia – group show March 2006
• The Five Spot – Atlanta, Georgia – group show March 2006
Taught middle school students the design fundamentals. Texture - Space/Form - Build
Teaching character development and storybook classes to illustration students.
Digitizing hand sketches
Illustrated a full color piece for their Trade Secrets section for the October/November issue
Illustrating the main page of web site for a restaurant in Ramona, CA
Painted signage for butcher shop
Illustrated cover of poetry clapbook by Jason Heroux, September 2007.
Currently working on sketches for cover and inside illustrations for an upcoming poetry book.
Developed collections of fine art that corresponded with current art trends in the decor market, as a lead to a team of artist.
Expended the reputation of Deljou by blending non-traditional illustration with fine art.
Advised other artists with the use of different techniques and materials.
Lead artist for the sales team to create new images and to recreat images from former artists.
Painted in various mediums both traditional and non-tradition.
Taught a process and technique class.
Instructed graphic design and illustration students in various techniques to use in ad layouts and backgrounds for paintings.
Taught the use of collage, transfering, encaustic, different adhesives, different ways to apply and uses acrylic, gouache and watercolor, graphite, stamping and pen and ink.
Nickelodeon/Noggin: Designed wed icons for Noggin web site.
Pentagram: Layout design and illustrations for an in-room service guide for Chambers Hotel, NYC.
Designer for brand identity, print and web design in small design firm in NYC.
Color and graphic forecasting for Nike's top strategic accounts.
Color and graphic forecasting for Nike's top strategic accounts