- + Follow
Michael Ryan Zaleta
Designer - Watches (QUIKSILVER/ROXY)
Creative and Hardworking Design Professional that has a great passion for designing new and innovative solutions for today's design problems. I have a great passion for sports and footwear and fashion accessories. Interested in footwear design, product development, bicycle design, watches and accessories design, anything related to action sports and fashion industry. I am currently a Designer at E. Gluck designing watches for Quiksilver/ Roxy, Armitrons Mens and Womens. I have worked as a soft-goods designer at Fabrique LTD in Branford, CT designing backpacks, laptop cases, ipad cases, and other luggage accessories. I have experience with all sorts of technical cases and bags from initial concepts to fully finished products that are put through production and onto the market place in consumer and commercial sale and use. Those experiences include seeing a project from the hand sketches into concept ideation with computer renderings and presentation, trend and market research for inspiration then moving into final concept and putting that into technical specification to send out to factories (communicating with Asia team) and then review of products and round of revisions to final production of product. I have also worked as a designer at Innovative Display and Design a 3D exhibit design company specializing in designing and building displays for tradeshows, marketing environments and events. I also have experience working as a freelance designer for Turf Dawg USA, where I also completed two internships while in school. I am always up for a new and creative challenge where I can further my knowledge and my skills to a higher level to exceed expectations. I am an Industrial Design graduate from Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, Massachusetts with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design (2010). I also work as a freelance designer and graphic artist ranging from projects to logo creation and ideation to graphics for t- shirts and apparel, website graphics, invitations, posters, business cards and all sorts of print media design. I've worked as a Freelance designer for Turf Dawg USA, where I also completed two internships while in school. Turf Dawg is a sports equipment company specializing in sports accessories where I was a product and graphic design and have also done some freelance work as well. I am always up for a new and creative challenge where I can further my knowledge and my skills to a higher level to exceed expectations. I have also worked for Nike at Niketown Boston as an athlete which is essentially a store associate. I have a great knowledge of nike products and was able to help customers with any questions about product knowledge. Specialties: Industrial Design-(product,graphic,apparel), MAC & PC,Adobe suite,CAD, Computer rendering, Hand sketching, Illustration, Layout design, model making,Branding, Marketing, and Sales.
Senior Thesis Design Football Cleat
Lead Designer for Armitron Men's and Ladies Watches
• Create inspiration trend boards for each season along with color palette and product direction aligning with Brand guidelines
• Design and develop watches for men's and women's categories
Loyal Souls: Faithful to the cause of the immaterial essence of the Brand.
• Design and Create all artwork and graphics for Production of t-shirts and all apparel.
• Manage all social media aspects of the Brand, Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram and website.
• Sales and Marketing and promotional work for the Brand, creating events and news updates.
The mantra behind Loyal Souls is “Loyalty to the Brand”, basically meaning completely loyal to the company and the name in which all of it stands for. Being true, loyal, innovative and inspiring to the fashion world and what it has become in the culture of the so called street-wear / urban fashion movement.
• Design and develop watches for Quiksilver and Roxy Brands
• Design and develop POP and in store display and packaging for the brands.
• Create trend boards for seasonal inspiration and color direction aligning with Brand guidelines
• Responsible for all design and creative content for Quiksilver and Roxy watches
• Create and illustrate graphics for Uptown Roamers media content.
• Promotional and marketing expert in social media applications to the brand exposure.
• Advertising on Social Media platforms and networking.
• Design and illustrate computer cases, backpacks, laptop bags, messenger bags, sleeves, iPad cases, folios, luggaage bags and mobile case accessories.
• Develop specifications of cases and review sample inspections for production samples to finished product.
• Product Market Research and Develop presentations of products and/or concepts for clients.
• Internal and overseas correspondence with designers, manufactures, engineers and sales team.
• Work and correspond closely with engineers & design team overseas in China to work together on designs for samples for production products, oversee projects from concept to finished product.
• Work with Fortune 500 Companies to design OEM products for licensed brands, consult with companies on projects and design products under the companies brand as well.
• Design OEM computer accessories for HP, Belkin, Ingram, Monster, WIB and Francine Collection.
• Create Tech Specs, Tech Packs for factories to make samples and production products
• Create Trend/ Inspiration boards for colors, materials and patterns for clients.
• Photograph products for sample review and revision and also Production Products for catalog/ company branding.
• Overseas travel to work with China team and factories on product development.
• Meet with Clients to present concepts or samples , meet with clients to discuss projects.
- Design and engineer 3-Dimensional Exhibits and Displays for Tradeshows, Marketing Environments and Events worldwide.
- Designing and conceptualize exhibits for clients specifications from ideas and develop them into finished high quality exhibits and displays.
- Create artwork for graphics and banners for displays, logos and custom signs.
Freelance and contract designer for Turf Dawg USA
- Serve as a Design consultant and Freelance design for Product, Graphic and Apparel Design.
- Brand Management and Strategy, developing Social Media and using the interaction to bring the product and brand name to new markets.
- Marketing, sales, research and development, photography.
- Utilize customer service skills, basic sales techniques, and product knowledge to connect customers with the right product and drive sales.
- Maintain knowledge of store departments and be able to operate cash register for transactions,perform shipping and receiving duties, stock the floor, and build visual displays when necessary.
- Served as a product knowledge resource for consumers. Seek educational opportunities to develop advanced level or specialized knowledge about selling, Nike products and culture, sales and service techniques.
- Designed custom turf dawgs/ sports gaiters, graphic design with logos, colors, and graphics.
- Marketing and Promotional Designs: Event banners and posters, marketing postcards and handouts.
- Responsible for all event media relations from marketing materials and advertisement production, and photography.
- Managing web content for website updates, twitter, facebook and blog.
- Designed Marketing email newsletters. Sell sheets and product packaging cards.
- Managed business and product design inquires with clients and potential distributors and retailers.
- Research and Development: product testing and engineering, interacting with consumers.
- Manufacturing of product first hand: over-seeing product being produced.
- Sales and marketing: Consulting with coaches and equipment managers.