- + Follow
Independent / Freelance Senior Industrial Designer
Woking, United Kingdom
Woking, United Kingdom
• I have 12 years experience working in multi-sector product design consultancies and an award winning, highly ambitious internal design department. I combine great creativity with first-hand mass-manufacturing and management experience. • A Red Dot and European Product Design award winner, I work to a fantastic mix of consultancy-creativity and can-do attitude combined and an in-depth awareness of design for manufacture and the levels of communication and prototyping to drive products from concept to realisation. • I've spoken to Design students as part of Coventry University's Visiting Lecturer programme and conducted a portfolio review to year 3 students. • Do get in touch to discuss how I can support your NPD programme.
Thumbnail sketch development
Kitchenware Photoview visual
Create and Deliver can support your idea, project and business. Using traditional methods combined with 3D printing and other digital technologies to streamline design, development times and collaboration, Create and Deliver offer an efficient and adaptive product design and development consultancy service tailored to your project's individual contexts to ensure best-value development.
With experience delivering great design and design management for both consultancies and ambitious internal departments, Create and Deliver are positioned to allow innovation and design to flourish within your constraints. I combine great creativity with first-hand mass-manufacturing and management experience
I am currently developing projects for FMCG packaging, kitchenware / homeware, male grooming, furniture and domestic coffee preparation markets.
Do get in touch to discuss how I can support your NPD programme.
Alloy is a design innovation team with a successful track record creating product look, feel and behaviour that delivers market leading brand and service experiences for our clients.
Experience-Led Design is creativity inspired by deeper anticipation of human, technical and commercial challenges.
• Design Managed (with external design consultancies) 3 key NPD projects. Forecast first year revenue of over £2m and x4 patents pending.
• Designed and delivered a product range representing huge brand stretch for one of our key brands. Forecast first year revenue of over £400,000.
• Liaising with our FE based engineering team, I worked to approve and integrate their and manufacturer’s feedback during the DFM stages and have first-hand knowledge of Chinese manufacturing.
• I worked with a range of production methods and materials including injection moulding, wood turning and machining, metal casting, pressing and fabrication, cast ceramics, glass and turned stone.
• I facilitated lower tooling costs and commissioned tooling to increase quality levels where necessary. I proposed and enabled measures to aid the efficiency of the NPD process.
• Working closely with the Product Management team, I ensured design work was on brief and met the required financial criteria regarding project budget, unit cost and manufacturing investment.
• I worked alongside a Project Manager to ensure critical paths were managed to ensure key development and sales samples/in-stock dates were met, with our QA team to ensure functional and legislative certification was achieved, and was responsible for IP management with patent attorneys.
Carried out design work over a range of fields including the medical industry,
toys and nursery goods, packaging and branding, soft goods and footwear.
Contributed through hand sketching and creating visuals, sketch modelling, SolidWorks modelling and renders, and presenting to clients.