- + Follow
Product Designer. Design Manager.
Woking, United Kingdom
Woking, United Kingdom
• I have 12 years experience working in multi-sector product design consultancies and an award winning, highly ambitious internal design department. • A Red Dot design award winner, I work to a fantastic mix of consultancy-creativity and can-do attitude combined and an in-depth awareness of design for manufacture and the levels of communication and prototyping to drive products from concept to realisation. • I've spoken to Design students as part of Coventry University's Visiting Lecturer programme and conducted a portfolio review to year 3 students. • I share and collect thoughts, inspiration and other nice things at https://www.instagram.com/createslashdeliver/
Thumbnail sketch development
Kitchenware Photoview visual
Alloy is a design innovation team with a successful track record creating product look, feel and behaviour that delivers market leading brand and service experiences for our clients.
Experience-Led Design is creativity inspired by deeper anticipation of human, technical and commercial challenges.
• Design Managed (with external design consultancies) 3 key NPD projects. Forecast first year revenue of over £2m and x4 patents pending.
• Designed and delivered a product range representing huge brand stretch for one of our key brands. Forecast first year revenue of over £400,000.
• Liaising with our FE based engineering team, I worked to approve and integrate their and manufacturer’s feedback during the DFM stages and have first-hand knowledge of Chinese manufacturing.
• I worked with a range of production methods and materials including injection moulding, wood turning and machining, metal casting, pressing and fabrication, cast ceramics, glass and turned stone.
• I facilitated lower tooling costs and commissioned tooling to increase quality levels where necessary. I proposed and enabled measures to aid the efficiency of the NPD process.
• Working closely with the Product Management team, I ensured design work was on brief and met the required financial criteria regarding project budget, unit cost and manufacturing investment.
• I worked alongside a Project Manager to ensure critical paths were managed to ensure key development and sales samples/in-stock dates were met, with our QA team to ensure functional and legislative certification was achieved, and was responsible for IP management with patent attorneys.
Carried out design work over a range of fields including the medical industry,
toys and nursery goods, packaging and branding, soft goods and footwear.
Contributed through hand sketching and creating visuals, sketch modelling, SolidWorks modelling and renders, and presenting to clients.