- + Follow
freelance graphic designer
"The only truly happy people are children
and the creative minority." - Jeane Caldwell
I hope to make myself happy
and obtain a position as an Art Director.
Internship at Athletes Against Drugs
Humane Society PSA
to obtain an entry level position as an art director within the advertising industry, where I can visually communicate and solve design problems through my creativity and sensibility.
the illinois institute of art october 2007-current
• bachelor of arts with a focus in advertising
austin, tx university of texas at austin 2005-2007
• pre-med: microbology
• relevant coursework: business foundations curriculum
chicago, il StartUP Marketing Challenge: jan. - march 2012
Coordinator; Advertising Head
• typed up all weekly and final reports to client; created and submitted all
advertising materials and campaign brief to client for approval.
• designed all advertising and marketing materials; as well as our agency logo and collateral.
• kept constant contact with other members of agency as well as the EdVenture Partners representative to keep everyone on track.
chicago, il Athletes Against Drugs jan. - march 2012
• designed many advertising and marketing materials as well as redesigned all invitations, mailers, presentation materials, posters, etc that they already had.
chicago, il freelance graphic designer may 2010- current
chicago, il bartender/vip bottle service oct. 2007- current
• locations I worked at: buna seara cafe, euro cafe, nar hookah, bona cafe, paris cafe, kokonuts, watra nightclub, funk groove lounge, and now detention.
chicago, il cracovia oct. 2008-dec. 2008
• promoted a variety of polish brands of alcohol.
• clients asked me to market the product at their store more often as I increased product demand by 150%.
austin, tx pbc marketing 2007
promotions director; telemarketer
• used communication skills to persuade potential customers into coming to the summit resort.
• successfully did my part in helping my employers get paid.
austin, tx vicci, spill, pure ultra lounge 2005-2007
• texas alcohol & beverage certified
• assisted with alcohol sales.
austin, tx tuxedo junction 2006-2007
• allowed store to achieve sales goals.
• assumed store manager role as needed.
• trained new sales representatives; telemarketer; opened and closed the store; responsible for store maintenance.
chicago, il after hours formalwear 2005
• expanded client base for Midwest region.
• top commissioned telemarketer.
• developed polish customer base.
chicago, il consumer opinion services 2004-2005
• administered surveys in english and spanish.
• recruiter for various ‘age group’ surveys.
fluent in polish. some spanish. photography. hard skills: proficient in microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint, adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator, adobe InDesign. intermediate knowledge in microsoft excel. highly creative and multitalented. dynamic team player and team leader. organized.
Sylvia J. Drwila 2942 N. Linder Ave. Chicago, IL. 60641
tel: 773.297.1524 e-mail: email@example.com
Illinois Insitute of Art-Chicago