My educational background consists of five (5) years of study at the Cleveland Institute of Art, majoring in Graphic Design and minor in Painting, and two (2) years at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh majoring in Illustration. I am also certified in AutoCAD from The Piedmont Virginia Community College.
I've been the Technical Director for children's theater, managed a scenic shop for a custom exhibit house and been the Creative Director for exhibit companies specializing in the Trade Show Industry. The human element is the thread that ties these experiences together. Form following function is only part of the process. Graphics, color, lighting and textures can be the difference between a successful design and one that just falls short. Each project has it's own challenges and needs, but when comes down to it, a good design is a design that sells.
• Governor’s award for Visual Arts- West Virginia
• Gund Merit Scholarship- Cleveland Institute of Art
• AriZoni Awards nomination- Best Set Design- “You’re a good Man, Charlie Brown”
• AriZoni Awards nomination- Best Set Design- “Little Shop of Horrors”
• One Person Show- Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ
• Featured Artist- Sage Moon Gallery, Charlottesville, VA
• Featured Artist-Pendleton Gallery and Graphics, Pendleton, SC
• 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st Annual Pickens County Art Museum Juried Exhibition, Pickens, SC
• Anderson Arts Center Juried Exhibition, Anderson, SC
• Exhibitor Magazine, People’s Choice award for exhibit over 400 square feet 2013