Product Designer & Print Designer
Jan 2017 - Present (4 years 4 months)
- Produces design and trend reports for the product & development team in Ketchum, ID and Salt Lake City, UT. This helps to establish art direction and design elements for soft-good bags and accessories of 2018 and 2019 seasons.
- Designed two collections of waist packs for the upcoming 2018 seasons of summer and fall.
- Rendered and set together technical packages for all soft-good bag tech packs for 2018.
- Alongside my product developer and product manager we have selected relevant materials, colors and trims.
- Currently developing new and fun print pattern placements for the upcoming season of eyewear retainers.
Senior Print Designer & Graphic Artist
Jan 2015 - Present (6 years 4 months)
- Assists with art-direction throughout each season in all product categories of Home Merchandise.
- Renders/creates original print, graphics, embossed applications and or modifies artwork from art studios purchased.
- Renders technical flats and CAD 3D flats for products set onto line sheet and onto artboards to be sent to vendors.
- Curates linesheets representing each seasons products, updated silhouettes, material applications, and print or graphic placements.
Creative Designer & Developement
Dec 2012 - Sep 2015 (2 years 9 months)
- Designed a utilitarian wood tote with approval of aesthetic direction from the owners.
- Ran a cut and sew production run of these wood totes from my studio in Portland, Oregon.
- Pattern, prototyped, and produced the Camp Tote for Trust Co.’ s soft-goods collective in 2013.
- Further developing new designs to launch a lifestyle apparel line and expanding Trust Co.‘s soft goods collective for urban or outdoor recreational uses.
Designer & Product Developer
Jul 2013 - Jul 2015 (2 years)
- Presented a dozen concepts for the next everyday motorcycle jacket to Rider’s Outpost Team.
- The approved jacket design was patterned, prototyped a few times with each fitting.
- A sample of the final jacket prototype was constructed with a full lining, armor sleeve inserts, pocket details and hardware applied.
- With the jacket a techpack and bill of materials was rendered in Adobe Illustrator.
- Creating concept designs to extend the collectives line for summer 2015 with validation to demographic research and market trend forecasting.
Freelance Technical Designer
Feb 2014 - Jan 2015 (11 months)
- Renders technical flats in Illustrator for the 2016 spring/fall season linesheets and techpacks.
- CAD design garments and accessories for children's apparel, mens, sleepwear, active-wear, and RTW.
- Creates basic prints for artwork, recolors present or evolving artwork and develops color-boards for apparel and home departments.
- Trend and print research for seasonal categories via Kroger Home Product Development 2016.
- Assisting with any other phases of 2016 design developement that is needed, on a day-to-day basis, from the designer, developers, and assistant developers.
Freelance Soft.goods Engineer, Concept & Developer
Apr 2013 - Sep 2014 (1 year 5 months)
- Extensive market, trending and intellectual property research to leverage new product concept ideas for Leatherman Tool Group and LED Lenser.
- These ideas with approval from our team were then prototyped, tested and then presented to a panel of chairmen, CEO’s, directors and managers at the end of each quarter.
- Refining designs with pattern evolutions, troubleshooting problems with samples and surfacing alternative solutions to a better and more intuitive product to being successful.
- Material and vendor networking for the best solutions for cost effective final products.