Production associate - Men's Relax
Sep 2014 - Present (7 years 4 months)
• Support multiple categories, including, but not limited to, outerwear, swim, shorts, and pants.
• Evaluate bulk fabric, lab dips and strike offs daily to Tommy Bahama standards.
• Work cohesively with design and technical design teams to ensure highest quality of product while adhering to seasonal calendar deadlines.
• Maintain meticulous standards of detail and record keeping.
Costume Stylist / Shop Manager
A Masquerade Costume
Apr 2014 - Sep 2014 (5 months)
• Assist in buying process for all new orders and replenishment stock.
• Design custom pieces for clients.
• Pull complete looks for full theatrical productions, working closely with local and international theatres (e.g. Bellevue Children’s Theatre, Calgary Opera (Canada), etc.)
Oct 2013 - Apr 2014 (6 months)
• Supported multiple categories, with a focus on outerwear, luggage, and accessories.
• Updated outdated technical sketches to current standards for both technical design and marketing and designed a standard visual means of presenting measurements of available space for graphic placements.
• Assisted accessories sourcing and product development team throughout 6 month internship with data processing and day to day duties in Microsoft Excel.
• Assisted Tech Design team with processing of samples and fit sessions, as well as pattern updates and communications with overseas factories.
Feb 2013 - Jun 2013 (4 months)
• Quickly and efficiently produced historical undergarments for use by national theatre companies, television, and individual custom orders.
• With a small team, a strong emphasis was placed on positive work relationships while producing orders on a tight schedule on industrial machines.
Apr 2012 - Apr 2013 (1 year)
Assisted in day to day occurrences in a linen rental warehouse. Maintained a well-organized warehouse environment while creating custom event linens for clients.
• Personally revised and reorganized color coded swatch library to include new pieces to the line while maintaining a working knowledge of current trends in event textiles and color schemes.
The Territory Ahead
Jan 2011 - Dec 2012 (1 year 11 months)
• In addition to general supervisory duties (bank deposit preparations, opening and closing of the store), continually performed well in all sales tasks and goals, particularly when styling individual clients with new wardrobes.
• Assisted with visual merchandising by designing and executing window and in store displays while maintaining a working knowledge of the company’s unique textiles.
• Began as part time help and promoted to supervisor in about 1 ½ years.
The Costume Shop
Sep 2008 - Aug 2010 (1 year 11 months)
• Created bi-weekly thematic window displays year-round, as well as other general shop maintenance and supervisory duties.
• Reorganized and computerized inventory of 7,000+ pieces, coded by time period, silhouette, and fabrication.
• Outfitted and styled fashion shows and music videos for local events and make-a-wish.
• Assisted store buyer with annual Halloween ordering, including travel to Las Vegas’ costume trade show.