Manager in Training
Abercrombie & Fitch
Sep 2013 - Present (8 years)
● Managing a Team of 50-60 associates.
● Learning the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
● Maintaining store-staffing goals by recruiting, Interviewing, selecting, and training employees.
● Completing store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees;
Following up on work results, appraising and holding associates accountable for their actions.
● Mastering different principles of management, including store operations, recruiting, diversity,
creating the best in-store experience, problem solving, marketing, human resources, stockroom
systems and visual merchandising.
● Controlling loss prevention, maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets.
Translator and Interpreter
G Language Services in alliance with Frenkel Hershkowitz and Shafran law firm
New York, NY
Nov 2012 - Sep 2013 (10 months)
● Provided consecutive and simultaneous interpretation from English to Arabic and vice versa for Refugees and Asylum seekers.
● Translated all types of documents (legal, medical, financial and personal) to assist refugees in their experience.
● Worked side by side with the law firm to provide impeccable translations with respect to deadlines for trials and asylum interviews.
● Dealt with clients, scheduled appointments and followed up with them.
Sky Press advertising Agency and Ladybird Fashion and Lifestyle Magazine
Aug 2011 - Jun 2012 (10 months)
● Designed 2D Graphics for several successful projects such as designing the pages of Amer Group's High-end magazine "PORTOLIFE".
● Created, laid out and designed the pages of "LADYBIRD" Fashion and Lifestyle Monthly Magazine (an English magazine designed to cater specifically to the elite female community in Egypt).
● Exported and prepared both magazines to be submitted for publication.
● Worked closely with copywriters, photographers, clients, marketing specialists, other designers and print house.
● Updated Ladybird magazine website monthly.
Marketer / Graphic Designer
E3lany (e-aa-la-ny) Enterprise Advertising Agency
Nov 2010 - Aug 2011 (9 months)
● Started as a Marketer, learnt about start-ups, laying down a solid foundation for a new agency, implementing marketing plans,and establishing it in the market.
● Moved to the Design department where I was able to display my artistic skills by working as a 2D Graphic Designer for new projects, and contributing in building brands and identities.
● Discussed job requirements with clients and developed design concepts to suit their purpose.
● Estimated the time and budget required to complete the projects and provided quotes for clients.
● Challenged to design and export solely E3lany Weekly Classified Newspaper.
● Worked closely with the marketing team and the print house to achieve the best quality, decide on quantity and production time according to the needs of the business.