Windows 7 Migration Engineer
Sep 2013 - Present (8 years 1 month)
Head of Marketing
Jan 2009 - Present (12 years 9 months)
Responsibilities consist of developing, designing and maintaining their website, designing all marketing material such as flyers posters business cards. Maintain their online presence via the social networks such as twitter and face book. Creating promotional material for the companies' clientele.
Designed and developed their current website www.instantmelodies.co.uk
Responsible for designing all Promotional material
Provide PC Support maintaining the studios computer on and offline network
Build and utilise relationships with client/candidate base and convert in to return business
Devise new marketing strategies
Managing client and candidate relations
General administration duties
Supplementary Employment and Skills
Currently work as a freelance web and graphics designer deigning & developing web sites and designing flyers, business cards and brochures for clients my portfolio can be seen at www.D-77.com or www.TheDigArtisT.com.
I have been using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects and Flash for 5 years now and have become very comfortable with the programmes and can do most things although there are always things I can improve on.
Facilitated aspiring artists to record and create demo tracks. Used technical knowledge of software and hardware to create music. Provided innovative solutions through consultation and creative direction.
And I am currently working in a studio on a part time basis called Instant melodies duties include:
Management of day to day business operations
Business promotion which included 15k people per day headcount at Earls Court in May 2004
Studio time sales and learning courses sales
Assisting customers with enquiries
Providing guidance and advice
Booking appointments for teaching courses as well as teaching
Jun 2013 - Sep 2013 (3 months)
My main responsibilities working at KPMG in Canary Warf was building laptops for users, migrating their profiles and emails on to new machines, and upgrading their operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
• Building PC over a network.
• Upgrading OS
• Walking user’s through windows 7 and its new features on hand over
• Installing VPN
• Providing first class support to partner’s andd directors within the company.
• Finding lost or missing data and insuring it gets transferred over
• Data security
• Asset management
• Trouble shooting problems with the build
IT HARDWARE ENGINEER
Feb 2013 - Apr 2013 (2 months)
I worked part time hours at EBRD helping with the office refit and day to day hardware and occasional software issues that come up. My main responsibilities are to fix any hardware issues that arise.
• Find resolution for printer breakdowns.
• Fix monitor’s and other peripheral devices
• Patch PC’s so they are on the network
• Connect and install phones
• Assisted with moves and changes
• Basic TCP/IP Networking
• Support of thin client technology
• PC and laptop upgrades
• Hardware installations and configurations
Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
Nov 2012 - Feb 2013 (3 months)
I’m currently working within the NHS mental health trust upgrading their printers & current hardware as well as their OS to Windows 7. My main responsibilities was to change their hardware then migrate the users profile from their old account to the new one and then walk them through how to use windows 7.
• Migrating users from old system to new profile.
• Walking users through windows 7 showing them the changes to their profile.
• Migrating user’s outlook accounts from old profile to new.
• Mapping user’s network drives and Printers.
• Finger printing Printers.
• Showing them how to gain access to their Rio accounts
• Resolving any technical issues that arise.
• Escalating any problems found via the proper channels
• Updating hardware
• Correct logging and storing of legacy machines
IT DEPLOYMENT ENGINEER
Aug 2012 - Nov 2012 (3 months)
I am currently contracting within MetLife, they have acquired a new floor within Canada One in Canary Wharf, and they are moving their staff from their old office in Orion House to the new location. My role was to deploy all their new machines both laptop, desktops and Printers Build them using gold disc and configure their profiles so that they are work ready when they arrive and support and resolve and technical issues both hardware and software while they are settling in to their new environment.
Build computers via Ethernet
Migrate their old Lotus Notes data to their new machine
Install new drivers and upgrade hardware
Putting all machines on to the domain
Update Active Directory
Patch printers through a cisco mainframe
Add Printer to network
Make sure users can access programs via citrix
Encrypt all machines using check point software
Install Bloomberg software and configure Bloomberg hardware.
Log users in to their telephones via cisco
Analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems
Liaise with users and ensure all their hardware and software is configured correctly
Support users with windows 7 upgrade as they have not used it before
IT DEPLOYMENT ENGINEER/FLOOR WALKER
UBS Investment Bank
Aug 2011 - Aug 2012 (1 year)
Here I was working as an IT Engineer contractor for HP. My main duties are to Remove all old computer hardware from office and replace with new PC ensuring that all software and applications are present on the new machine, and that it is configured according to how the user had it last.
• Able to communicate clearly and professionally
• Incident and problem management, break-fixes, restores
• Analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems
• Managing office and desk moves
• User and computer account administration and troubleshooting
• Run quality assurance tasks on all installed systems.
• Upgrading operating systems to windows 7
• Refresh Trader Machines connecting Bloomberg & Waytech hardware
• Reinstalling and connecting Bloomberg Applications
• Updating hardware on machines
• Liaising with clients to insure recently installed machines are running correctly
• Insuring all roaming profiles are properly migrated to their new machines and installing any missing applications
• Responsible for building and configuration of Desktops, Laptops and workstations.
• Upgrading laptops, configuring profiles and applications on them
• Responsible for quality control of stocks shipping out and coming in.
• Established and maintain good working relationship with clients
• Able to explain technical solutions in a non-technical way
Hewlett-Packard CDS Ltd
Nov 2010 - Aug 2011 (9 months)
I secured a temporary contract working with HP CDS and Tarmac Ltd where my duties included:
Building and configuration of Desktops, Laptops and Workstations.
Responsible for quality control of stocks shipping out and coming in.
Creating computers in Active Directory in the correct Organizational Group and assigning applications.
Providing Remote & phone support to engineers and users in the field.
Communicated with people at all levels on a daily basis.
Responsible for the collection and interpretation of figures.
Established good working relationships with clients.
Made many recommendations for improvements.
Insured that the completion of all necessary paperwork was done accurately.
Worked various shift patterns that was flexible to business needs.
Troubleshooting various problems that arose on a day to day basis.