Director of Creative Marketing & Branding
Trillium Creek Dermatology
Jan 2021 - Present (3 months)
HH Science - Healthy & Happy Skin
Jul 2020 - Present (9 months)
Jun 2005 - Present (15 years 10 months)
Freelance art & design.
• Creating fine art and illustrations - specializing in watercolors and charcoal.
• Live Fashion illustration at Saks Fifth Avenue - Beachwood store.
• On-site calligraphy at Tiffany & Co Woodmere, OH store.
• Fashion Illustration store signage for a store in Medina, OH.
• Fine art gallery shows.
Recent Work live feed: https://www.instagram.com/desidesigndiva/
Senior Designer, Creative Design Product Development
Darice - The Michaels Companies Inc.
Apr 2008 - Jul 2020 (12 years 3 months)
Creative role in product development, producing trend reports, designing products, and creating content for product launches. Design catalogs, product marketing content, and visual merchandising concepts. Provide art direction leading by example to manage resources, including junior designers, freelance artists, copywriters, photographers, and stylists to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget.
• Recognized and promoted multiple times as a design leader.
• Drove profit growth as Creative Lead for the David Tutera brand, developing products for 12-feet of retail space for Michaels stores, and an average of 35 new products for wholesale accounts annually.
• Partnered with cross functional teams to develop strategies, engaging content, and support the brand initiatives on social media channels.
• Planned the creative direction, illustration, graphic design, typography, and photography for a line of personalized wedding invitation suites, in partnership with Gartner Studios for Michaels e-commerce.
• Designed Dollar General exclusive branding for David Tutera, and partnered with the sales team in obtaining the business with visual merchandising concepts and presentations.
• Designed seasonal kids crafts for Target under the Spritz brand.
Illustrated seasonal style guides for trend reports and surface pattern design applications.
• Enhanced competitive analysis and conserved budget by developing a comp shop report format.
Apr 2004 - Apr 2008 (4 years)
Responsible for creating consumer product packaging, promotional content, print ads, and product marketing for sales presentations. Analyzed and educated the company on color and design trends.
• Created branding for environmentally friendly shipping products.
• Directed creative content of trade show signage and marketing materials.
• Created surface patterns for shelf-liner products for Walmart.
• Participated as a member of Color Marketing Group and AIGA and facilitated color trend analysis.
Product and Package Designer Intern - Contractor
GE General Electric
Jun 2002 - Apr 2004 (1 year 10 months)
Responsible for designing home decor electric products for mass market retailers, through conceptual hand sketching, digital renderings, color specification, and prototype approval.
• Created packaging of a book light which increased sales at Walmart by $2 million.
• Designed products for the night light and weather program for Target and Walmart.
• Designed packaging for a successful lantern program for Costco.
• Built trend presentations based on competitive shopping and insights from CMG and WGSN.