Freelance Web Designer
New York, NY
Nov 2013 - Present (8 years)
- Design flash experience and prepare files for development.
- Design seasonal web assets for both the Aeropostale and P.S. from Aeropostale brands.
- Design and edit homepage and landing pages for both the Aeropostale and P.S. from Aeropostale brands.
- Prepare assets for mobile web site and mobile app.
- Design miscellaneous assets for external and third party marketing.
- Collaborate with E-Commerce Art Director, Senior Graphic Designers, and Marketing team to ensure assets both strengthen and are consistent with brand aesthetics.
Oct 2012 - Oct 2013 (1 year)
- Created strong sale and banner images across a range of categories including fashion, home accessories, furniture, and novelty; to maximize event exposure to Fab's 10M customers.
- Retouched product images using Photoshop CS6, improving quality of individual product pages.
- Worked closely with Buying and Editorial to curate and manage 14-16 sales a week, via Fab's internal Content Management System.
- Helped curate color palette and products on the "Fun" department page, in turn strengthening brand identity.
- Worked with QA team to ensure any inconsistencies were fixed prior to sale launching.
- Worked on special projects, such as popup shops and managing a part of Fab's Holiday Shop.
Jan 2008 - 2013 (5 years 10 months)
Create materials for print and online media primarily utilizing Adobe Photoshop CS5. Experienced in photo manipulation, vectors, photo retouching, web and print graphics, and more.
Jan 2012 - Oct 2012 (9 months)
- Reviewed images and merchandising for over 20+ events weekly, in turn enhancing visual quality of events.
- Helped develop Fab's QA process, which helped bring error margin down as well as ensured company's return on investments.
- Used V-Lookup to cross-analyze over 1,000+ SKUs between Fab's CMS and Excel spreadsheets built by the Buying team.
- Worked with Buying, Editorial, and Production teams to fix any inconsistencies, thus maximizing overall profit for company.
- Helped train new coordinators which enhanced team productivity.
Jul 2011 - Oct 2011 (3 months)
Managed an independent project under SoundCloud's Community Fellowship. For my project I sought to reconcile both technology and art by recording around public art space in New York and beyond. Once I recorded the sounds I used Thinglink in order to tag custom neighborhood maps with the sounds according to location. The project thrived on social media networks with the heart of the project residing on Tumblr.
- Created custom neighborhood maps using Adobe Photoshop CS5 and then tagging those images using ThingLink.
- Managed social media handles for the project (Twitter, Tumblr),
- Created PR initiatives to maximize reach of project
- Measured success of posts and initiatives using several metrics, including Google Analytics
Jun 2010 - Sep 2010 (3 months)
- Conducted branding, marketing, visual, and business development research, resulting in lucrative clients such as Barney's and Lady Gaga.
- Conducted daily trend research within art and popular culture thus facilitating artist and brand outreach.
- Created inspiration boards and media kits for meetings with prospective clients.
- Helped maintain the company blog and Facebook page.
- Managed various calendars that kept track of gallery openings and various events in art, design, music, fashion, and film.
- Occasionally answered phones and created itineraries for the head of the company.