Emily Lee Design
2008 - Present (13 years)
I've had the opportunity to do more branding work in recent years. I am enjoying the brainstorming, sketching, vector, process and working with clients on something that represents their work.
• Design work for various clients including branding, brochures, stationary, and advertising.
Jul 2008 - May 2013 (4 years 10 months)
Kennedy Krieger Institute helps children with neurodevelopmental disabilities reach their fullest potential. It was an honor for me to work with the staff and children, in order to achieve the highest quality representation for the great work done at KKI. This is where I grew in brand identity adherence, magazine work, committee-driven projects, and large scale signage.
• Design and Production work on various types of stationary, brochures, posters, flyers, and signage.
• Design and Production work on Magazines, Mailers, and Periodicals.
• Image Database work for all images used at the Institute with Laserfiche
Apr 2004 - May 2008 (4 years 1 month)
Mutual Publishing is a locally-owned and local focused book publisher of a wide array of books about Hawaii. This is where I gained a great deal of experience and speed, and where the publishing process first became demystified and then became second-nature.
• Gained experience executing all stages of book design
• Designed books from varied genres including anthologies, botanical ID books, cookbooks, photo coffee table books, children's books, and novels.
• Created marketing ads, postcards, posters, and fliers promoting our books
• Reviewed and approved printed proofs for my book projects
• Worked as a photo stylist with the photographer for several photo shoots
• Strengthened my design confidence resulting in faster work
Graphic Designer & Intern
Sep 2002 - Mar 2004 (1 year 6 months)
Clarence Lee was a legend in Hawaii, creating some of the most well-known logos across the islands and creating the Chinese New Year Postage Stamp twelve year series. It was an honor to work with him at my first design job. I was fresh from school when Clarence hired me and this job allowed me to grow as a production support staff and then, as a new designer.
• Working on print work for various clients
• Developing greater precision and skills in my design work
• Learning to follow directions from senior designers
• Acquiring further knowledge of the printing process